Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphinx found in tristate area! Anyone missing their cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelsheyyx

Lairian
Hi all, a friend forwarded me a Facebook post from someone she knows who found a sphinx on the road. Cat is almost a brindle, with a very dark/spotted face. Not sure if it is a girl or boy at the moment or where exactly it was found I am trying to get more info. No collar. I live in NJ and the friend who sent it is from Queens so it's probably nj/NY. The baby is safe in the hands of this woman who picked her up after almost running her over... We are trying to find more info. Hope to. Spread the word and find this baby's home!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@kelsheyyx , prayers for a happy reuniting - someome must be heart broken-
I hope they scan kitty at local vet for a microchip
And call lost and found at nearby airports

Please keep us updated - will search too online tabby tracker etc for missing reports

*For everyome searching online .. Be sure to spell "sphynx " , "Sphinx" different ways for more possible matches

Prayers sent for a happy reuniting

Last edited:

NYC Andrea

Lairian
Oh no, that poor kitten and owner! Please keep us posted, these kinds of stories really tug at my heart.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hi all, a friend forwarded me a Facebook post from someone she knows who found a sphinx on the road. Cat is almost a brindle, with a very dark/spotted face. Not sure if it is a girl or boy at the moment or where exactly it was found I am trying to get more info. No collar. I live in NJ and the friend who sent it is from Queens so it's probably nj/NY. The baby is safe in the hands of this woman who picked her up after almost running her over... We are trying to find more info. Hope to. Spread the word and find this baby's home!

@kelsheyyx thank you very much for posting this information here. I pray that this sphynx can be reunited with her owner soon. It sounds like a female as you described "brindle" which would be "tortie" for a cat. Torties are usually females.

If you find out anymore information, please post again. Thanks again.

kelsheyyx

Lairian
here is the info i got:

it actually was in nj, the town i live in to be exact, which is the sayreville/south amboy nj area.

apparently she was recently fixed, as she had fresh stitches.

from what i've gathered from facebook comments, a few people knew who the owner of the cat was/claimed he threw it out the door because it clawed at him? and now doesn't want her. hoping that is not the case and just a rumor or something - i don't have facebook so i'm relaying the information my friend was giving me when she saw the post in her group.

anyhow, the woman who rescued her kept her and was still reaching out to find out who the owner is/if he even wants her, if not there are many people commenting that they would happily rehome the poor baby.

again i hope this is not the case, but if it is, i say it's good if she finds a new home, instead of staying with some jerk who's going to throw her out. seriously...why do some people get pets?

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@kelsheyyx hmm? Being that she was recently spayed, and you all now know the area where she came from, then contacting vets in the area may lead to the owner for sure.

I too wish this story isn't true about the owner throwing her out the door. If it is true, it's more than sad and I'm glad she was immediately found by a caring woman. I'm also glad it's not wintertime.

Thanks for the update and we'll be looking or any more info as you receive it. Thanks again.

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh I hope that the owner is found, and that the story you mentioned isn't the case. That would be so sad.
Either way, I hope it is a happy ending and the girl find a home who deserves her love.

Chad

Lairian
I'm in the tri-state area and would love to give her a home if one wasn't found already. Let me know whenever you get the chance!

ChasetheSky

Lairian
I am in Queens NY and would love to take her in if she doesn't have a family anymore. I have a 10 mos old Sphynx who recently lost his sister and could use a playmate. I will travel to pick her up. PM me if this is the case.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Just want members to not get their hopes up about this cat. There are no facts or follow ups to this cat. This post was not a true adoption option. For those members looking to rescue/adopt look daily in the adoption/rescue section because when members do post a baby is available they go quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back