Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphinx siblings

Stevieraek

Lairian
Working on getting my red male a sibling so he isn’t so alone . My question is, do males do better with other males or does it matter ? I grew up with cats (with hair) and my girls were always princesses, never snuggled and never wanted to be held or play or love on her brothers . I want my boy to be happy and have someone to love on while we are at work . Suggestions?

Sheldon13

Staff member
Color matters not at all. As far as gender, I think it depends on the individual cat. Females certainly have a reputation for being more aloof. My female cat, Ellie, loves nothing more than to snuggle. She’s not big on playing now but we still do it almost every day (she’s 10).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Stevieraek Ah! So excited you are lookimg for a sibling for Sic :)

I personally found girls to be more prissy

I have four adult nakid adoptees
1 female , 3 males

The female rules and is more prissy diva
The boys are like what is that girl doing lol!
They curl up together and snooze while she runs around zoomie !

All depends on personalities
Really don’t think color matters

Breeders can help match retirees for adoption male or female
As well as if you are looking to oricase a kitten sibling for Sic

Following closely for updates !

Toa and Ross

Staff member
How exciting you’re looking for a sibling for your boy. What matters most is the personalities of both cats and not the sexe. I got two boys from 1 litter and one year later a girl came to us. They all get along fine. My boys are more into cuddling then my girl. But that has more to do with the fact that my girl was a breeder cat for two years before she came to live with me then with her being a female I think.
Colour is no issue between cats.

Good luck in your search. Keep us updated!

Stevieraek

Lairian
Okay so I have found a breeder than has a boy that I want. My only concern is.... their prices for their kittens are HALF of what Sic was . Sic was 1600 which I thought was normal. This breeder claims to have all shots and deworming done as the other breeder did , and seems legit but my only concern is, they only accept payment transfers through Walmart BEFORE ever coming to meet the kitten. I’ve spoken to the couple and they seem to have been in business for years but I’m just a little sketched out by this. Can anyone give me any insight ?

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member

Trust your gut. Something seems off, especially with the money transfer.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Go with your gut
Not your heart strings
Amd what is best and healthiest for your boy

The “claim” money transfer not seeing kitty etc seems off to me too

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nope. Anybody legit will not get you to transfer $$$ before even seeing a kitten. Even if it isn't for the full amount, they will have your $$ and leave you with nothing.

Back