- Feb 18, 2014
I keep reading that the sphynx isn't really hypoallergenic and causes as much allergies as a normal cat because the allergies doesn't exactly come from the fur but from their skincells and saliva. But still, my boyfriend doesn't get allergies from our sphynx, only if he's been petting him and goes straight into his own eyes rubbing them or something he feels a little uncomfortable and also if the cat scratches him he gets a bit more red, and for longer than i do. But whit normal cats - he gets all red eyed and feels so uncomfortable it's crazy and he literally can't be around cats. But he barely notices it with ours, do you have any experiences like that?