Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx Acne

Shanebakertat2

Lairian
Does anyone have any experience with Douxo ?

My vet suggested it for Dobby’s skin, (he gets itchy acne in the warmer months) but he hates it.
He doesn’t enjoy baths either, but he cowers when he sees the bottle of foam. Hes
Today he drooled, when I foamed him.

The directions say not to rinse off, but I think they had furred cats in mind.
I’m wondering if this is stinging his pimples or skin in general.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks!
Shane and Dobby

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 25
  • 7002731B-6E83-433C-84E8-65AB554CDC3A.jpeg
    7002731B-6E83-433C-84E8-65AB554CDC3A.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 24

Sheldon13

Staff member
I don’t know about stinging, but if he’s foaming at the mouth something is wrong and I wouldn’t use it again. My guess is it isn’t safe for mucous membranes and he is getting it in his mouth.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I mean he doesn't enjoy it but I don't have to fight him. I just wipe his chin down with it as I'm doing their ear/nail routine on Saturdays. I wipe it down after popping anything that will come out. He gets a lot of little baby black heads

DannieCheri

Lairian
I don’t know about stinging, but if he’s foaming at the mouth something is wrong and I wouldn’t use it again. My guess is it isn’t safe for mucous membranes and he is getting it in his mouth.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

I was going to say the same thing, foaming/drooling is a sign they are very uncomfortable. The vet gave us wipes for my Violet’s rash, after 2 days as soon as it touched her skin she would panic and start drooling to the point of being difficult to hold from being so slippery. Called the vet and they said to immediately stop using.. If you are worried it is causing your babe discomfort call your vet and get their opinions, maybe they could give you something different to try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk