Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx Artists

KelseaLoren

Lairian
I hope this is the right area to post this... I searched for it in the forum but couldn't find anything. Have any of you ever let your sphynx paint? I don't mean on an app, but like actually paint. I know you are thinking, oh my goodness the mess they would make, but I think it is a real thing.

Once my dog went to some doggy camp and they laid out a piece of paper and plopped some non-toxic paint on it and covered it with plastic and then let him play on top of it and he made a "masterpiece". I was wondering if anyone had tried anything like this with their cats, because I think it would appeal to cats because they would want to bat at and play with the blobs of paint. Though their claws might be a problem....

I think it is kind of a cool idea, if you guys have done it, it would be cool to see pictures of these works of art.

andreanar

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I haven't heard of anyone here doing this, maybe you should try first! (Wink wink) lol.
Some do let their cats play an app on iPad.

PrimateLove

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I think Emma might be able to pull it off, but MiniE would have paint on every surface of the house before I even opened the paint cans :LOL:

If you decide to try it, please post so pics as I would love to see what your baby could come up with :D

KelseaLoren

Lairian
So I checked online and they actually sell paint kits just for your cats to paint with! It's good to know that I wasn't just imagining it. When I get my baby I am definitely going to make an artist out of him :)

Wyrmskin

Lairian
So I checked online and they actually sell paint kits just for your cats to paint with! It's good to know that I wasn't just imagining it. When I get my baby I am definitely going to make an artist out of him :)
That is so cool! I might want to get one for Mortimer as well.

I'm an art student, so this seems like an extremely fun activity. Now..only if he cooperates!

Kyla L

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Nigel has the attention span of a dead fish. So I can see getting maybe two or three feet prints and then a trail of them down my hall into my kitchen.

He does like to play on my phone though. He likes how he can make it scroll and the screen goes "zoom!!"

KelseaLoren

Lairian
Nigel has the attention span of a dead fish. So I can see getting maybe two or three feet prints and then a trail of them down my hall into my kitchen.

He does like to play on my phone though. He likes how he can make it scroll and the screen goes "zoom!!"

The cats don't actually get any paint on their feet from what I read, though it would be cute/ messy to see a little trail of paw prints going down the hall haha and when I went to see Oliver at the breeder all the kittens (and the moms) were obsessed with my phone, and they accidentally called people like 3 times