Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

BusterTheCat

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hello! My boy Buster is eight years old and he's always hated his baths. He always tries to run out and sometimes succeeds and gets the floor all wet. It's not a huge problem, but it makes bath time much more difficult. I feel like I can't even do a great job cleaning him because I have to concentrate on not letting him jump out of the tub. Any advice on how to calm him in the bath or how to make it more enjoyable? I obviously use warm water and I don't keep it running while he's in it so it doesn't scare him, I think he just doesn't like being in water.

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you. I suggest you try to hold him with one hand and talk to
him in a normal calm tone and brag on him, give him treats afterwards.
I have one of these bathtubs, I got tired of bending down at the bathtub.
#139IMG_0879.JPG
#139IMG_0880.JPG
#139IMG_0881.JPG
#139IMG_0882.JPG
#139IMG_0883.JPG

This is the web site. I don't have any problem giving Izmae a bath she is good.
But, I love this tub. It has a plug closer to one end and you can just scoot it over a little and drain.
Can put in clean water to rinse or rinse with a cup of clean water or sprayer.

BusterTheCat

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Hairless Blessing Thanks for the advice! I do give him treats afterwards, but I will also try the other things you mentioned. Do you mind sending the website for the tub again? I can't seem to find it in the post. Thanks again :)

BusterTheCat

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Catzzzmeow thank you! I hadn't seen that video before. I've never tried exfoliating gloves but it sounds like a great idea since Buster does slip away quite easily.

@BusterTheCat You are more than welcome. You will find some say cleaning nails is easier after the bath because their feet have been soaking. I switch it up according to my cats. Azura seems to like her nails done before her bath. She doesn't squirm at all as long as it is before the bath. I learned the tip about the gloves on here 2 years ago. I am fortunate my cats are all good in the bath, but the gloves really scrub well :) so it is a win win for those who need a firm grip as well as a easy cleaning.

Patti

Last edited by a moderator:
Back