Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

sm3319

Lairian
My sphynx is about 4 years old. She is completely lovable and spoiled, definitely no issue with attention. She's started a habit of peeing everywhere. Couch, bed (most frequent), clothes left on the floor, etc. She was taken to the vet, no UTI or anything out of the ordinary. She pees in her litter box still! We've even added a new litter box, removed the top over one, and even switched out her litter but nothing changed. Pooping in the bed under the covers was even an occurrence. She's not allowed in the bedroom unless someone is home with her and sitting with her, for obvious reasons. It was thought that she was urinating in her sleep, that has since proven to be wrong. She is peeing on the furniture every day, sometimes even twice (twice during the night last night), and even started making eye contact when doing it. I am running out of options, sanity, and bed sheets. I don't know what to do to help her. She is fixed so the vet thought MAYBE a bladder issue with that and mentioned medicine, but recent events are leaving me questioning that. Any advice is greatly appreciated as I really don't know what else to do.

sm3319

Lairian
Not that I’m aware of. It’s a pretty stable environment. No recent furniture changes, no new people, no new pets. She’s alone part of the day some days but stays in her blankets with zero accidents (or movement lol). It’s mostly when we’re home. I thought it was if we weren’t paying attention to her but sitting right with her she peed.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
You said no UTI ...assuming you had a pee sample tested for crystals etc? I know the frustration. We are doing calming collar, Feliway collars and started Prozac. Are you using an enzymatic cleaner on everything that she pees on? If not, they often continue to go. @sm3319

Yoda mom

Staff member
@sm3319 , Did they do a cystiocentesis to rule out the UTI ?
It's a thorough test done at the vet's office

When I adopted My kitty had this test and it checked for oxalate crystal ,blood in urine (not detected with the eye) , etc and he was diagnosed with struvite crystals

Did they give her any medications ?

Also , how long ago was she spayed?
You could ask the vet to rule out spay incontinence ? ( long shot but figure I would mention)

Blood test to check organ functions to see how kidneys , bladder et are functioning ?
Rule out bladder infection, bladder stones?

Be sure to clean with a good enzyme cleaner
Anti icky poo unscented with the purple label I got just in case when I adopted
- haven't used it for pee but I do use it to use it up and add to wash for dog /cat beds
Various prices on line -
Even Home depot sells it online Anti-Icky-Poo 128 oz. Unscented Odor Remover-AIP-UN-G - The Home Depot. Good reviews listed there too
a breeder recommended it to me in case I needed it
Here is their site info - I bought the unscented with the purple
Later read somewhere the unscented is preferred for kitty pee

Anti-Icky-Poo is recommended by veterinarians more than any other product

Sending big hugs too you ! Lair prayers your vet can give a diagnosis
- perhaps a second opinion?

Any changes outside - outdoor kitties peeking in causing her stress?
Just trying to brain storm

Last edited:

sm3319

Lairian
I’m taking her to the vet in the morning. I noticed today she looks much skinnier than a few days ago. She wet on the bed again last night and then I just found vomit on another blanket. I’m going to have her rechecked for UTI and whatever else. Her left eye is very foggy right now. She was treated a few months ago for that and it’s returning. She doesn’t seem to be lethargic and she’s still eating well. Thank you both for all of your advice. It is much appreciated! I’ll keep updates with how the visit goes.

sm3319

Lairian
Just got home from the vet and she’s got an intestinal tumor. She’s got some meds to take for about a week to see if she feels a little better just to buy a little time with her. I feel absolutely terrible for being irritated.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@sm3319 oh no! I'm so sorry for you and your girl. Don't blame yourself for being irritated, you didn't know what was going on. I hope the meds will help her and you can have some more time together. Cuddle her a lot and hold her close. Hugs for you

sm3319

Lairian
Thank you! It’s all happening so quickly. Being home with her the past few hours hasn’t been good. I think we’re going to make our visit later today. I can’t handle her being this lethargic. Her skin has lost all elasticity so quickly. Thank you all for all of your kind words and advice. I appreciate everything from you all

Back