Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx body temperature

dpete77

Lairian
I have a question regarding sphinx kittens body temperature. My sphynx kitten's body is super warm and really don't know if his clothes that he wears should stay on or stay off. I just feel when he is that warm I am afraid to put any clothes on him.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
They do fine under blankets as well. We have MANY blankets and they all like to borrow in them. Ours only wear clothes when we take them out. I am afraid they might get caught on something in the house. We do see some gets heat rash under armpits etc from clothes as well. @dpete77

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
@dpete77 welcome to the lair family .
glad you jumped in to post with this fun friendly bunch.

I remember when I got my first sphynx I was amazed at their body heat.. it was like a hot water bottle snuggling with me.

I do not put clothes on them... only for photo ops here.
One of mine got her nail stuck on the sweater and nearly fell from a high area. as mentioned, we have seen some sphynx get heat rashes from prolonged clothes wearing and or allergies to laundry detergent, fabric softeners.

I do the same with lots of blankets.. mine prefer the 50x60 inch throw blankets with sherpa on one side.
I get at Ross, Marshalls for $10-$20

* I do notice they are much warmer when they just come out from under the blankets

surely more members will chime in :)
we all come together for the love of nakids

look forward to an introduction pics and tales

( with new kitties also a good idea for a wellness check for peace of mind and breeders may mention in contracts.
I like to take to the vet to get a good baseline and establish a good working relationship.

remember to have vet mark chart NO Ketamine anesthesia.
often kitty contracts also mention NO feline leukemia (FeLv) or FIP vaccines which void some contracts.
for future Rabies vaccine ask the vet if they use Purevax/Merial Brand which my vet mentioned it has less side effects.)

Last edited:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
My crew feel like hot water bottles. They never wear clothes but love to bake under blankets till they're warm and toasty