Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx Cat HCM Awareness Bracelet

What is WSU and Dr. Meurs doing for HCM and Sphynx?

• Find the long term treatment for HCM

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Finding the cure for HCM

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Identify the genetic marker for HCM

Votes: 39 79.6%
  • Identify the bloodlines causing HCM

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters

MJClemons85

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I hate that the site isn't working anymore. Does anyone know where I might be able to buy one of the bracelets?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I am trying to get something going here similar to what we did last time. We donated a portion of the sales to Dr Kate Meurs at
WSU University for the research of HCM in the sphynx breed a few years ago. She now works in NC State College of Veterinary Medicine & Veterinary doing the same thing and it would be great to do something like this again to help the sphynx breed. I emailed her recently and awaiting her reply. My concern was I want the donations to go directly to the sphynx breed and HCM campaign. Will keep all of you posted. :)

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Great news! As I suspected, we can donate directly to the HCM fund specifically for the sphynx breed! I will start getting the bracelets together, hopefully this will go well again. Stay tuned!

email Dr Meurs.png

Yoda mom

Staff member
@admin, are the bracelets the same color combo ? The red heart shows up Nicely and it is subtle and non competing with other cause colors like you mentioned awhile back

I still treasure mine I got after my ^Yoda cat^ got her wings
Will defintely be ordering more to support the great cause into the HCM campaign -research for a genetic marker
image.jpeg

Last edited:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Getting ready to place the order, question for all interested or even not, just need opinions, it becomes very complicated and (expensive) if you choose too many color options for the bracelets. I tried to keep it clean and not too loud with the black on black and red heart (black bracelet and black embossed lettering. I had thoughts of a white on white with red heart, is that too much or "ugly"?

tammy7118

Lairian
I realized your posting was from 2011, by chance do you still the bracelets? I just lost my Chumlee in March to HMC and I would absolutely love some of the bracelets.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@tammy7118 today @admin posted a new thread about the bracelets and how you can buy them. Search for "hcm bracelet" with the "buy button". The 5 dollar button if you're in the USA. The 7 dollar if you're from outside

Ely2400

Lairian
Ordered my 3 for Italy in September but never received:cry: ...at least I participated in the research and in the studies!!

Back