Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx cat names I thought would be cool!

Janusz

Lairian
Janus (Janusz)-

In ancient Roman religion and myth, Janus (/ˈeɪnəs/; Latin: IANVS (Iānus), pronounced [ˈjaː.nus]) is the god of beginnings, gates, transitions, time, duality, doorways, passages, and endings. He is usually depicted as having two faces, since he looks to the future and to the past.

We named our new Sphynx Janusz - (pronounced 'Ya-Noosh'). We put a little spin on "Janus" as our new Sphynx's father's name is "Master Jon Snow," and he is from Russia. In Russian, Jon is Janusz. Our kitten was also born in January which Janusz also represents that month. This kitten represents a new beginning for me. My beloved Oriental passed away a year ago and I am ready to open my heart once again. Finally, Janusz is an odd-eyed...just like having two faces such as the Roman God Janus.

We are getting him from an incredible breeder in Florida. She is the best! I have nothing but wonderful things to say about her. If you are looking for a reputable breeder, PM me , get on her list!

Attachments

• DSC00572.jpg
    DSC00572.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 68
Last edited by a moderator:

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm seriously considering renaming Jezebel to Simkiel -- the Angel of Destruction.
Toothbrushes stolen and chewed to bits, glasses knocked over and on the floor, jam jars pushed down... and the daily routine of "What's in the Plastics Bin today that I can drag out?"

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well, I finally figured out my boy’s name!! Here are the names that I’m not using in case it inspires someone else to name their kitty

Sphynx Boy Names
  • Calvin
  • Kalbo
  • Mischa
  • Baron
  • Jagger
  • Dorian
  • King James
  • Krampus Claws
  • Sushi
  • PETA
  • Count Olof
  • Lord Disick
  • Magic Mike

Khafra

Lairian
hey guys,
Im not sure if you guys would like this post but ill throw up some cool names and meanings of the names for new sphynx owner's or maybe a friend or family member is looking for a cool name for their sphynx kitty.Give me some feed back and i will keep adding names.:Smile:
We call our boy Khafra, named after King Khafra the pharaoh of the IV dynasty of ancient Egypt 2,500 BCE. Khafra is said to be the face of the Great Sphinx where he is buried. We liked the connection to our Sphynx Khafra and the Great Sphinx Khafra.

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
As promised, here is my INSANE list of 70 possible girl names. Hopefully, someone finds this helpful in case they’re stuck like I am!

Sphynx GIRL Names:
  • Farrah -pretty
  • Astrid- gorgeous goddess
  • Pearl
  • Perla
  • Ariel
  • Rae
  • Zara - star or princess
  • Camille
  • Bobbi
  • Manila
  • Tala - goddess of the stars!
  • Nova
  • Star (Star Spray from Elwing)
  • Elle
  • Chloé-IG
  • Chika
  • Bambi
  • Bowie
  • Lady
  • Reese
  • Gem
  • Daphne
  • Seven
  • Lola
  • Arden
  • Kylie
  • Portia
  • Bebe
  • Denim- blue
  • Dior
  • Indie
  • Capri- whimsy, playful
  • Caprice-fanciful
  • Stella
  • Harlow
  • Kaia
  • Jolie
  • Eevie- life; Pokémon
  • Eden - place of pleasure/delight
  • Gigi
  • Alice
  • Kimber - African place
  • Prada
  • Fendi
  • Gwen/Gretchen
  • Nykie/Nike- mythology
  • Myka- Micah; like the Lord
  • Pepsi- cola
  • Kitson/Kitsyn
  • Melania/Milania- black
  • Mariah
  • Lia- weary
  • Zodiac- stars
  • Bellini- peach & champagne
  • Dillan- like a lion, loyal
  • Deven
  • Maia- Maya
  • Jules- jewels
Also, I think a bonded pair named Digit & Pixel would be absolutely adorable! Cheers!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Monica love the first name Farrah!

Reminds me of something in the newspaper a while ago. Parents got a daughter but they couldn't choose between about 250 names. So...they decided to give her all 250 names! Insane!! Poor girl if she ever has to write down al her names. Ans how are they going to call her? Right, aith the first of the 250 names.
So your girl has to be Farrah;-)

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Toa and Ross OMG that story is so funny and ridiculous! :0 I love the name Farrah! I was thinking like the girl's giant ears are kind of Farrah Fawcett's feathered hair, lol. Problem is, hubby doesn't like it. This is where the trouble is.... Everyone I love, he hates, and vis versa! Of course, I get full naming rights, so I may just veto his choices lol.

@Yoda mom I LOVE that too! Coco as a double entendre for the fashion icon and her chocolatey color! Perfect right?! See the issue stated above ^^^^ :0 : (

Let's face it ladies, ultimately hubby doesn't actually have a say. I'm just trying to be accommodating for now, but when she's here, I will name her whichever strikes my fancy, lol. ; )

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
When we got Rankle his name was Ramsey. We seriously considered changing it to Ramses after the Egyptian pharaohs but I just loved the Jim Henson's Studio character Rankle (from Christine McConnell 's Curious Creations) too much.

BLNora

Lairian
I am trying to come of with a name for my new sphynx also.
Here are a few of the names.
Vevet Wrinkes
Lady Godiva
White Linen
Spring Snowstorm
Yes Its All About Me
Razzle Dazzle
Arctic Blue Eyez
Na Wahine Ke Koa
Haha -I love Lady Godiva (who rode naked through London), although she had hair to cover her modesty, unlike Sphynx!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Janusz I just saw your reply to this thread back in March

Small world ! I recognized the master Jon snow :)
My womderful adoptee is from the same amazing breeder

Yoda mom

Staff member
@BLNora wow I never knew ! :)
I learn something new here everyday from new members and seasoned!
Thanks for sharing !
Yes mine aren’t too modest either ..
little piggies and always trying to steal qtiips from the trash
So if ever another ... he will be “Oscar “

oolahappi

Lairian
Interesting. I've always liked the Roman Pagan God names like Apollo or Atlas or Zeus.

I can't count how many times I've thought of a good name and just flat out forgot it. I always think it's funny when people give their pets human names like Billy Ray Cyrus or Benjamin Franklin (I know it's random). My brother has a dog simply known as "Jeff". Have you ever heard of an animal named Jeff? It makes me laugh thinking about it. When you're at the park and you here someone yell Jeff, I certainly wouldn't associate that name with a dog.
I know a Kevin and a Bruce (cats)

Back