Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx cat names I thought would be cool!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
hey guys,
Im not sure if you guys would like this post but ill throw up some cool names and meanings of the names for new sphynx owner's or maybe a friend or family member is looking for a cool name for their sphynx kitty.Give me some feed back and i will keep adding names.:Smile:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Egyptian Sphynx names

Egyptian names

Amun - God of creation -boy

Horus - God of heavens - boy

Jamila - beautiful - girl

Kanika - black cloth - girl

Nailah - successful - girl

Mariasha - perfect one - girl

Busiris - temple of osiris - boy

Myrrh - natural scent - boy

Nashwa - wonderful feeling - girl

Ptah - earth god - boy

Paki - a witness - boy

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Interesting. I've always liked the Roman Pagan God names like Apollo or Atlas or Zeus.

I can't count how many times I've thought of a good name and just flat out forgot it. I always think it's funny when people give their pets human names like Billy Ray Cyrus or Benjamin Franklin (I know it's random). My brother has a dog simply known as "Jeff". Have you ever heard of an animal named Jeff? It makes me laugh thinking about it. When you're at the park and you here someone yell Jeff, I certainly wouldn't associate that name with a dog.

sassyskye79

Lairian
I had a cat named Ziggy Once! I adopted her from the pound. She was awesome! I lived with my brother after high school when I got her. I would come home to find poop in my toilet and I would yell at my brother telling him to FLUSH! He would all ways say he didn't do it. Needless to say one night I was laying in bed and herd a tinkle, tinkle coming from my bathroom...IT WAS HER! She had been using the toilet all that time and I had no idea. So funny!

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We decided on Kreacher for ours...but thats not before going through a million names. some of the ones we thought of that were best specifically for the Sphynx are: Chicken Wing, Yule Brennar (Brenner?), Smeagle (from Lord of the rings), Yoda, Dobby(Harry Potter house elf), Birthday Boy/Girl, Gollum(Lord of the rings), Balfazar (the dog/dragon character from The Never Ending Story Movie), my husband suggested Ball Zack...ugh..I guess he thought he was being funny, Stripe (Character from the movie Gremlins), Pai Mei (little chinese dude from Kill Bill2), Mr. Miyagi,

Pixie J

Lairian
When I get one I would like a name that sounds nice in Norwegian and English, but I got some favorites.
is it is a dark skinned one or with the right markings I would like to call him
Lucifer (the book "secret history of Lucifer" is a book that everyone should read)
if its a bright one I would like to call him Jesus Christ Superstar
Male finnish names are also lovely.

if it was a female I would give her a vampire/royal name like
Mara, Elenor Beatrix(harry potter) or something in that direction

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
before it was decided that King Harley would be his name, we went through Osiris and plunger(because of the dark color to his tail and butt area), Gizmo, and zeus. but when he came home he had this small harley Davison collar on, and my husband decided he would be King Harley. I really love that...but if I was to get another Osiris or Anistashia. would be my choice.

AAMMYY

Lairian
I'm always thinking up names and them forgetting them as well. I foster kittens so a lot of the litter names had themes..Like Greek Gods, Weather, Brands, Colours, Desserts.

I seem to be a lot less adventurous with my perminant pets though. My dog is named Chloe and my cat is named Pepper. I still have time to change my new girls name (she is only 10 days old) but I liked Bella because it is simple and classy. I am still always looking for names though and the other one I really like is Ellie.

If you can believe it, Bella's mom's name is "Fluffy".

Jocy24

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm trying to decide on a name for my new kitty. I'm considering: Harry, "Full" Monty, Niles, and Hamlet. Other names I like: "Bare" Bones, Romeo, Dermott, Beethoven, and Boo.

AAMMYY

Lairian
Not sure if I will end up getting my little girl registered, if so, the official name would be "Southern Belle". She is coming from one of the southern most cities in Ontario:Laugh:

Eucritta

Lairian
When we fetched our kitten nine years ago, my husband insisted on naming him after an old Dick Tracy villain - hence, Cueball. We've always said that if we're lucky enough to get another Sphynx, the next names up are Pruneface and Gruesome (one from the 30s Dick Tracy movies not the comics, played by Boris Karloff).

Our other cats are named after comics, too: Norton, from Odd Bodkins, and P'Gell, from The Spirit. We didn't plan it that way, but that's how it happened. The dog, though, is Bertie Woofster.

susi794

Staff member
I like simple objects names--I have had kittens named: Q-tip, Cheese Curl, Peanut, Popcorn and Eggplant, but I also like old fashioned sounding names like Beulah, Narcissus, Violet, and Beauregard. Before I got Boo, I really wanted to use the name D'Artagnan (pronounced Dar-TAN-Yan) from the three musketeers. But it somehow didn't fit in with my other names--Boo is simple--and blends right in.

Brooke

Banned
I like "b" names. Finding "bald" names for my three sphynx wasn't too hard:

Baldwin
Buffy (as in...struttin' my stuff in the buff)
Buck (as in...buck naked)

My dogs are named:

Brogan
Breixo
Bastien

I'll keep the "B"'s going until I either run out of names, or run out of animals ;)

It's okay, you can name the next one after me if you want. I don't mind! :LOL:

Back