Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx cat weight

Karen Howe

Lairian
my awesome cat Winkey who is 11 years old is 18lbs. She is on a diet. She is heathy just really large. She is an emotional eater. When she is happy or sad she eats.. anyone else with a big kitty

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Karen Howe hello and welcome. Do you have photos of Winkey you can share?

I have a handful of sphynx cats and one of them is a female...and she seems to be an emotional eater. She seems to have an occasion to snack on her dry food which is only left out at night. Otherwise, her and her very chubby brother will eat the dry food all day long. I have them on grain-free food which helps with weight control too. Once I put them all on a grain-free diet, I noticed they all lost a bit of weight.

What are you feeding Winkey? Do you do portion control and/or use automatic feeders?

Karen Howe

Lairian
@Karen Howe hello and welcome. Do you have photos of Winkey you can share?

I have a handful of sphynx cats and one of them is a female...and she seems to be an emotional eater. She seems to have an occasion to snack on her dry food which is only left out at night. Otherwise, her and her very chubby brother will eat the dry food all day long. I have them on grain-free food which helps with weight control too. Once I put them all on a grain-free diet, I noticed they all lost a bit of weight.

What are you feeding Winkey? Do you do portion control and/or use automatic feeders?
I feed her Iams dry cat food the weight control. I don't use a auto feeder unless we are out of town for the weekend. Where do I get a grain free diet and is that dry or wed food

Karen Howe

Lairian
IMG_4207.JPG
I feed her Iams dry cat food the weight control. I don't use a auto feeder unless we are out of town for the weekend. Where do I get a grain free diet and is that dry or wed food

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

@Karen Howe, your big girl is beautiful, but it's so dangerous for her to be that weight. She can become diabetic among other health problems. It's happened to me years and years ago with my furry cats I had at the time. Back then, a grain-free diet was unheard of unlike nowadays.

I've been using Science Diet Grain-Free Chicken in the can and the matching dry kibble as well. I love it because it's healthier for them and no more digestive issues like I had here with a regular diet.

For some odd reason, lately, I have been having difficulty purchasing/finding the dry kibble. Many brands sell grain-free. The one to stay away from is Blue Buffalo though.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
my awesome cat Winkey who is 11 years old is 18lbs. She is on a diet. She is heathy just really large. She is an emotional eater. When she is happy or sad she eats.. anyone else with a big kitty
How much are you feeding her? We feed wet twice a day, morning and evening and a 1/2 cup of dry left out daily. Thats for two cats.

Carlos Franco

Lairian
Our 10-month female eats like a little pig: she eats NomNom and dry food throughout the day. Every time we go to the kitchen she tags along and wants more food.

Back