Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx Color Q&A

dejavually

Lairian
So many people want to just breed watering down good blood lines that's going to make sphynx common and it's not a common feline. Don't mean to be like that but I'm sure most sphynx lovers understand where I'm coming from seen some sphynx cats on Craigslist that looked horrible and just sad and not even to standard and people breeding them just to sell. Non genuine breeders and non sphynx people will water down the whole existence of this breed. Will all the FIP from carriers and other stuff looking like a real quality sphynx and almost important a as health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dejavually

Lairian
Just got tricked into what I thought a sphynx "should be" buying from a so called reputable breeder of course I love the cat no matter what it looks like but people really know how to get you these days.

dejavually

Lairian
I replied to someone but I guess they took the post down....disregard everything I said guess that person deleted their profile

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@dejavually well you're babies are cute :)
My girl is lavender mink. Looks like this: so if she's similar to that I'd say yours is lavender.
IMG_0895.JPG

Cassandra323

Lairian
This is Link, he's not home yet .. few more weeks.
He's 10 weeks old. The breeder said she thinks his eyes will still change to green but being that he's (thermal)pointed, I thought they always had blue eyes. Thoughts? Either way, we adore him but we're definitely curious.

dejavually

Lairian
@dejavually well you're babies are cute :)
My girl is lavender mink. Looks like this: so if she's similar to that I'd say yours is lavender. View attachment 76973
Thanks YOUR BABY IS ADORABLE TOO!! I don't know who I would be without being introduced to this wonderful breed. Crazy how a stripper/video girl introduced me to this breed. I remember the first time I seen one....I fell in love haven't turned back since.

JackieMewMew

Lairian
I am absolutely new to the Sphynx community. I
ve always wanted one, but now, people ask me his color, and as he was a rescue from a couple who couldn't keep him due to allergies, I have no idea. He is just pink all over, no real color except for a hint of peach colored fuzz on his nose and ear tips. Very light. He has whiskery white sparse hairs on his tail as well. What would you experts call him?
IMG_1479.JPG
IMG_1383.JPG
IMG_1383.JPG

JackieMewMew

Lairian
OMG! He's sooooo cute! I need to get off this page or I'll never get any work done! I can't stop looking at all the cute kitties!!!!

This is Link, he's not home yet .. few more weeks.
He's 10 weeks old. The breeder said she thinks his eyes will still change to green but being that he's (thermal)pointed, I thought they always had blue eyes. Thoughts? Either way, we adore him but we're definitely curious.

dejavually

Lairian
I am absolutely new to the Sphynx community. I
ve always wanted one, but now, people ask me his color, and as he was a rescue from a couple who couldn't keep him due to allergies, I have no idea. He is just pink all over, no real color except for a hint of peach colored fuzz on his nose and ear tips. Very light. He has whiskery white sparse hairs on his tail as well. What would you experts call him?View attachment 77832View attachment 77833 View attachment 77833
Looks like baby and he is called a "cream point" SPHYNX

BearNaked

Lairian
My boy Bear's parents (his father is a seal point) and his siblings. He is a very pink boy!! Not really any colour on his nose or ears. Maybe a slight orange when the lighting is just so or when dirty lol does that mean he is Red?? Or just called cream?

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@sphynkles Your breeder might know, my breeder already had it listed on Astrid's registration paper for the TICA thingy

Jynxified

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
so to tell the truth I had never thought much as to what color scheme of cat my baby Saphie is but now I kinda am curious what would you all say?
20170504_150348.jpg
SAM_0978 (2)_LI.jpg
20131018_223925.jpg

sphynkles

Lairian
@sphynkles Your breeder might know, my breeder already had it listed on Astrid's registration paper for the TICA thingy
Yes, but the kitten hasn't been born yet, and we will be choosing the kitten a bit before we get it, so I haven't seen the kitten yet. :)

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@ sphynkles, I know :) I just meant that you might not need to guess when the time comes around to figure it out

MeelaTheSphynx

Lairian
Hi everyone! I was hoping I could get some help with figuring out what type of Sphynx my Meela is! If the pictures aren't the best let me know and ill upload better ones. The one with my husband is a dark picture but it really allows you too see the contrast between the grey and pink! Its hard to catch it on camera in normal sunlight! She is a light grey, her tail being a bit darker. The hair on the tips of her ears are very grey. She ask some pink closer to her belly/legs. The bridge of her nose is white and the tip of her nose is black! Her paw pads are a pink/cream and she has blue eyes!!
20170907_193616.jpg
20170907_211239.jpg
20170907_211204-1.jpg

parvuluspuella

Lairian
20171129_160219.jpg
20171202_163032.jpg
My breeder had Nigel classified as blue. He has gray/green eyes, a gray nose, but his paw pads are the richest chocolate brown. Is he a true blue?

4Beans

Lairian
3F0FDFB3-9737-419C-B995-3CDE5C1AA1F5.jpeg
BEA56460-6DB5-4BBD-8026-04048215A4B1.jpeg
What colour would this little guy be considered? He’s patchy grey.