Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx Color Q&A

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow! I love this thread. There are so many colours! can anyone help me with Ra? What colour do you think he is? He has stripes on the back legs but the rest I would say he's just ginger/orange...
Hello there ‘
Your little one looks a little like my naughty boy Mr Billbo Bagins ! He as round strips on his tail but an orange rusty look to the rest of him and defo orange / ginger on his face ! We call him the ginger ninja when he is naughty ( plus a few other names cough cough )
My breeder told me he was a red stripe sphynx .. but I have never found reference to this on any of the sites I’ve looked at .. my cleo ( little princess ) is like pink and blue , I’ve seen a few other babies with her colouring when we brought her home she was mainly pink all over with some small blue patches now she is more blue than pink lol
My new baby Nailah is ever so sweet ! My breeder told me she is a blue point seal or was it a seal point blue ? Sorry I can’t think straight not slept a few nights lol
But as our babies grow I do know their colours change !
My Nailah is just over 9 week so I cannot wAit to see her grow into her colour
Massive hugs from the 4 of us
Xxxx❤❤❤❤Xxxx

oolahappi

Lairian
Interesting, and I did a quick Google image search to see if there was any correlation - for the most part there is!

My blue point has blue eyes, and so do almost all the cats when googling 'blue point'. I did the same for 'blue' and they have green eyes; 'black' have yellowy eyes; 'red' typically have orangy eyes.

FiloandRoux

Lairian
I find the thermal colouring so interesting. Roux is a seal point (I think) and she's changed colour a lot since I originally got her. She seems much darker to me, less pink. Although she's also very good at getting dirty so it's hard to tell.

Also @MollysMom that last picture is hilarious, Filo and Roux always sit on each other like that. They're much more patient then I'd be with someone sitting on me!