Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi I think the patches are more blue than grey and going off my Cleo I think he will develope more dark patches
Cleo was similar in colour , then as the months have gone on she does have about. 70-30% pink and blue
He is very handsome ❤️
Sorry I can’t help but the chart catzzzmeow as given you the link to you will suss it out
Massive hugs
Anita & Cleo xxx❤️❤️❤️

jbmv23

Lairian
orange ears and nose

Attachments

• Gizmo Feb16.jpg
    Gizmo Feb16.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 125

OJC

Lairian
We had three babies born 12.5 weeks ago. The boy was definitely black when he arrived, one girl lilac and the other girl a warm dark gray color with stripes, almost like a tabby (which I read blue's look like when born). As the boy grew he became lighter in color so now he's the same shade as the gray girl- both with black fur on their noses and around their ears, although the boy is furrier. I've been trying to work out what color this girl is this whole time??? The father is seal mink, so I thought she might be a solid seal (or seal sepia, I found online) but she doesn't have any brownish tones now. She looks like a faded black, like the color of her mother who is black and over a year old now. Mom's coat has faded overtime, she lost a bit of fur during her pregnancy that she's gained back and is now darker than the kitten in question, though her skin lighter.

What color do you think this girl is, experienced breeders???

See photos:
black boy on top, girl below
as new born kittens (lilac girl in center)

Attachments

• c4b902f4-5da2-47cf-8f45-c92bc4aa8ddc.jpg
    c4b902f4-5da2-47cf-8f45-c92bc4aa8ddc.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_9974.JPG
    IMG_9974.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
The breeder of Jade told me that when the nose and the area around it is black, the colour is black. But I'm no pro and only heared it from the breeder.

They're super cute!

Nadine Hill

Lairian
Can anyone tell me what colour my new baby is? Thank you!! :)

Attachments

• ECEF4EFD-3D23-45DA-92D6-20555766563B.jpeg
    ECEF4EFD-3D23-45DA-92D6-20555766563B.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 1BA99767-BAC4-4E0F-A897-4E89264417BE.jpeg
    1BA99767-BAC4-4E0F-A897-4E89264417BE.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 148

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So being new to Sphynx (and cats in general even to be honest) I was amazed how our girl born pale naked and still started to turn colour after a few days. :shame:

So I poked google several times, went over the Skincolor.jpg tabel several times and I'm just.. Stuck..?
And still confused despite reading so much about it. Half of it is really still chinees to me. :(
Maybe it is a little bit due the language barrier although my English isn't that bad, in general basic chitchat at least.

I'm still confused about the whole thermal thing. Thermal is always a point or a mink? Like a exclusive thing? And what about Sepia? :unsure: It's all so confusing and we're tying to get her color right for her heirloom/family thingy tree paper she will get. (sorry sorry! not sure how you guys call it by the correct name.)
We already love her so much. :love: and for us she's pretty no matter what colour she is on paper.
But I heard it was a whole hassle to get it changed to the correct color afterwards so we're aiming for the first time correct shot. *crosses fingers and toes*
But if she keeps changing color that is well a bit hard. :ROFLMAO:
I know her mother is a blue point on paper. I'm not sure what her dad is, I do know he has spots (torti?), is handsome (aren't they all!) and has green eyes.
Of course there is also part curiosity sparked here as I never was aware it was possible to be born so pale and change. I think that is amazing! And very awesome to go through too.

So at the first foto she's 3 days old. (euh just noticed I think that turned into the last photo with uploading lol!)
Her paw pads where pink whilst her nose was a touch of brown-ish.
Then she started to get this aaaaaawesome amazing coloring on her face and colored patron on her body.
Her nose is getting darker, the soft pad of her paw turned brown.
Depending in what light (or shadow) she can look very different color wise and eye color wise.
She is 7 weeks old now and I'm dying to see over a year or a few years (still not sure when colour development will stop) into what a awesome pretty lady she'll turn out to be as an adult. :love:
Apologies for any spelling/grammar mistakes.

PawPadTurningBrownOrBlack.png SafariSuchaBigGirl.png GettingColorAndPrintSafira.png SafirasBack.png FaceToMeltForSafira.png SafariHandsUp.png Safari3DaysOld.png

Attachments

• SafiraGrowingUp.png
    SafiraGrowingUp.png
    191 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Question, can a blue or blue cream have brown pads under their feet? :sorry:

Attachments

• Eyeandpawattempt.JPG
    Eyeandpawattempt.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Paw1.jpg
    Paw1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Paw2.jpg
    Paw2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Paw3.jpg
    Paw3.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 52
  • PawIdkAnymore.jpg
    PawIdkAnymore.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 53

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Bi-colored pads means bi-colored/multi-colored cat. Blue usually means gray pads. My guess with the pink and brown toes it is a seal and white cat.

Last edited:

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Catzzzmeow we're still trying to figure out (to have it correct on her pedigree) as we where pretty surprised the breeders pet put blue cream on her passport/vaccination book.
I think/suspect she is seal with white as well and due the coverage of white on her body it looks a little like cream blue but I'm not sure.
Unless she is cream blue and seal but also not sure if that is possible. Hmm uh. I forgot what her mom and dad are.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Our one girl has seal and white toe tie on her papers, but she has many colors ...
509f41910fc978e46b28a82bf5c7185c.png

This is a pick of her back. I am far from an expert in colors, but my guess is seal and white and beautiful!!!!

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Catzzzmeow so pretty <3
And same, far from an expert in colours, so was trying to figure it out with the color jpeg chart thingy I found here somewhere.
That's why I doubted the blue or blue cream. Due the paw layout. and nose tip.
Euh it are not pro pictures cause she still dislikes the camera but this is a bit what I got, but I still can't really pin it in seal. It stays an I think.
At least we're 80% sure she's a mink.

Edit: + white is in her dna/genes

Attachments

• body.jpg
    body.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 62
  • bodynhead.jpg
    bodynhead.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 64
  • CutiePie1.jpg
    CutiePie1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Eyeandpawattempt.JPG
    Eyeandpawattempt.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Eyes1.jpg
    Eyes1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Eyes3.jpg
    Eyes3.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Eyes2.jpg
    Eyes2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 65
  • goofyone.jpg
    goofyone.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 63

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
part 2 of the map whatcolourareyou

Attachments

• goofyone2.jpg
    goofyone2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 55
  • headbody.jpg
    headbody.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 52
  • headears.jpg
    headears.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 53
  • headtop.jpg
    headtop.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Tailbody.jpg
    Tailbody.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 53
  • toyfun.jpg
    toyfun.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 44

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Catzzzmeow I know right, and I know aqua is green and blue but somedays I'd swear she goes sepia on me and goes yellow-ish.
Her eyes are so fascinating :eek: and probably always will be. Very curious when she turns adult how much more aqua they go or stay more like this or ooooh exciiiiiiting!

Back