Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx dirtier in the summer?

Inferno12

Banned
This is my first summer with Johnny and I have noticed that since it has gotten warmer, he is getting dirtier faster after a bath (I know.....not correct english :Dizzy:). I had Walter during the summer last year and Johnny during the winter this year so I havent seen a change until now. Is this normal? I feel like such a bad mom since he is filthy 2 days after his bath. :ThumbsDown::ThumbsDown:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Yea, I've noticed I've had to scrub Snuffies under arms and leg creases a lot more and she gets really oily where her ears run into her head,,weird but I love her even when she's grubby. lol

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh yes, Pedda always get dirty more quickly in the summer. Her skin is a bit on the dry side though so she can go for a week between baths and not need wiping in between.

Inferno12

Banned
Thanks guys :ThumbsUp: I couldnt figure out what was going on with him so I starting thinking it was because of the weather change.

Im so glad its not just him! I love him grubby or not but i was getting worried that something was wrong :Sweat:

Flub flap!! Love it!

Gable gets really dirty pits, belly and neck. He can be such a dirty greasy cat. I always tell him he looks like a poor homeless street Sphynx. Amaryllis ears barely get dirty and she just gets a bit of grease on her neck She is a clean dainty girl.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yea Mo tends to sweat more in the summer! I go to pick him up after he's been sleeping somewhere warm and his pits are all slippery Gross!

Back