Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx discolouration

Chelseafreya

Lairian
IMG_0719.JPG
IMG_0720.jpg
Hey everyone! Hopefully someone can help me! But my blue sphynx has developed a really severe discolouration! Is it normal? Can it be sorted? Can they be shown with it?
She doesn't go outside and she isn't in sun exposure :( I have no idea! But it started off with just a little speckle, which has spread across her a little more each day, like a rash!
Hope to hear from you :) xxx

admin

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 72008 View attachment 72010 Hey everyone! Hopefully someone can help me! But my blue sphynx has developed a really severe discolouration! Is it normal? Can it be sorted? Can they be shown with it?
She doesn't go outside and she isn't in sun exposure :( I have no idea! But it started off with just a little speckle, which has spread across her a little more each day, like a rash!
Hope to hear from you :) xxx
Welcome! Is this the same cat, both pictures? It appears to be pigmentation. I did a search here on the site for pigmentation - have a look at some of these posts- http://sphynxlair.com/community/search/881967/?q=pigmentation&o=date. :)

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
I agree it looks like pigmentation. We see darker babies(blues and blacks) sometimes darken up this way.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
It looks like pigmentation. But you say it happened in two months and she isn't going outside nor in direct sunlight, that makes it an extreme pigmentation! Is she still a kitten?

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Wow that was a fast change. No irritations, no yeasty smell? It truly from afar does look like pigmentation.