Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx Farts----They smell!

rikkuyuna

Lairian
Hi there sphynx peeps!

My sphynx is the most unhygienic kitty ever!! He always Farts! and it stinks!!!!!!! He is only fed royal kanin kitten dry food, so i dont know why he feels the need to fart!!

Any body elses sphynxes do the worst smells ever? Or have any other terrible habits???

:):ThumbsDown::ThumbsDown::ThumbsDown:

TotenEngel

Banned
when we first got Smeagol I always used to joke how something smelling so bad could come from something so little, plus, it always amazed me he didnt gas himself when he was asleep under the duvet!
He was initially on Hills food as thats what the breeder had him on but I have gradually changed him over to almo nature, don't know if it's purely diet change or his age, but the farts definatly aren't as frequent! (they do still smell as bad as ever, he's just not quite the whoppee cushion he was!!)

rikkuyuna

Lairian
Im considering changing his food. But I think it must just be Kimaree, as my Other cat Salem, eats the same food, and i never smell a whiff out of him!

But boy this little kitten can stink out some right deadly smells. I swear its not natural!:LOL:

ktate88

Banned
I was just talking about this today!!! I had Niles with me at the local pet store, getting a different food in hope of reducing gas. Just as a lady was coming over to admire and pet him, he let one go. I was humiliated-- and hoping she didn't think it was me! Then we were walking around and he did it again. And down that aisle she comes...!

::Sigh::

He's on Natural Balance...now going to Taste of the Wild. I'll let you know if it helps, but I think it just depends on each cat.

Alice had the WORST gas as a kitten but it got better when she grew up. Though every little while she'll come over and sigh at me and then I know to hold my breath. :ThumbsDown:

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Rupert has really nasty gas when he had his diarrhea smell....it was like decomp, I'd gag at the smell. He is ok now that he's on a food that agrees with him. Priscilla has stankazz gas right now.....:Badly: but I think it's just from the food changeover we are doing. Maybe try a different food?

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Probably a food thing. When Butterball was a kitten his farts smelled horrendous. They have become less with age. Now he only farts when you pick him up. I believe someone on the forum called it "revenge farting".

Back