Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx for adoption in Washington State

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayleecat

Lairian
Hello everyone,

I am thinking about rehoming my beloved 8 yo Sphynx. It’s hard for me to even write this post. Everyone on here knows how special these babies are, and she is my family. I love her so much, but I think she needs something different than what I can give her. She has some particular health issues so would be best with someone with experience with cats (although doing great right now and expected full lifespan), and is extremely loving/attached, needs someone who is home a lot. If you are interested please let me know so we could talk about her more. She is a spayed female, her name is Baylee. There is no fee.

Attachments

• IMG_1040.jpeg
    IMG_1040.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 65109156641__7CF01391-870B-4CAA-B87F-53A502169538.jpeg
    65109156641__7CF01391-870B-4CAA-B87F-53A502169538.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 58364160397__7B0DEED8-1C93-4B71-8637-9C99EF7B9DC0.jpeg
    58364160397__7B0DEED8-1C93-4B71-8637-9C99EF7B9DC0.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3986.jpeg
    IMG_3986.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited by a moderator:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bayleecat , (((Hugs))) for your heartfelt decision. we have members in WA looking for a sphynx. I can tag once post approved. you will need to add a rehoming fee , per rules $250 or less, some list no rehoming fee of course to approved home with members you interview.
you are in the right place for the purrfect forever home,. several of us have adopted from members.

Bayleecat

Lairian
A little bit more information, since I couldn’t figure out how to edit my original post. There would be no rehoming fee. I am willing to travel within the state and nearby areas to ensure a great fit for my amazing furless baby. She would have some ongoing medical needs, I would not consider her “free” but there would be no additional cost from my end.

taymjohn

Lairian
Hello everyone,

I am thinking about rehoming my beloved 8 yo Sphynx. It’s hard for me to even write this post. Everyone on here knows how special these babies are, and she is my family. I love her so much, but I think she needs something different than what I can give her. She has some particular health issues so would be best with someone with experience with cats (although doing great right now and expected full lifespan), and is extremely loving/attached, needs someone who is home a lot. If you are interested please let me know so we could talk about her more. She is a spayed female, her name is Baylee. There is no fee.
Hi! I’m a previous cat owner and previous sphynx owner. I understand the responsibilities of having a sphynx and their amazing little personalities. I work for King County Public Health and go in to the office a couple times a week, but otherwise work from home. Im definitely a homebody and understand that sphynx thrive on their people and are very attached. If you want to learn more, would love to chat! My email is [email protected].

Yoda mom

Staff member
@yoonspark welcome to the lair family! Small world I used to go to the bookstore with bubbles in capitol hill many years ago. Do not hesitate to post your own looking for thread in the adoption section. All paws crossed the sphynx stars align. Several of us ha e adopted from members. Stay active, stay positive

janinasa

Lairian
Hello everyone,

I am thinking about rehoming my beloved 8 yo Sphynx. It’s hard for me to even write this post. Everyone on here knows how special these babies are, and she is my family. I love her so much, but I think she needs something different than what I can give her. She has some particular health issues so would be best with someone with experience with cats (although doing great right now and expected full lifespan), and is extremely loving/attached, needs someone who is home a lot. If you are interested please let me know so we could talk about her more. She is a spayed female, her name is Baylee.

We are in Post Falls, right by Spokane WA, I would love to meet with you and chat about Miss Baylee. I am familiar with the Breed, and have a great Vet that has a Sphynx herself, so we could address any health issues. Either way you have a beautiful pet family,

Bayleecat

Lairian
@Bayleecat , checking in for updates
Thanks for checking in. I have spoken to a few people. Right now, she has an appointment with her cardiologist next week so waiting for the outcome of that and then will reach out with updates to everyone. This community is great and I underestimated the response! I feel good that my baby will be in good hands.

Vesper

Lairian
Just wanted to catch up and say that I saw this! It looks like you have a few adopters interested already but I'll keep following for updates just in case.

edit to tag @Bayleecat

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bayleecat , all paws crossed for Baylee's vet visit this week (not sure what day? ) members will surely interview for the purrfect forever home. hugs and positive vibe head smooches

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bayleecat , thank you for the great update Baylee's heart is stable. you read my mind I was just going to tag you and see how the appoint went! remember NO KETAMINE ANESTHESIA (it can have a rebound effect on heart) for her dental and mole removal. I always check with vet and ask what anesthesia they use. mine uses isoflurane or similar. hugs n head smooches. following closely for updates.

Naked Scout

Lairian
Hello! Just saw your post and I’m in WA as well. I’m a sahm and also have a baby sphinx (he’s 6 months old) if you haven’t found the perfect family to ms Baylee, I would love to be considered to have her add to my family!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Naked Scout , welcome to the lair family! is your baby sphynx named Scout? hope you get a change to do an introduction post. Introductions!
Do not hesitate to start your own post in the adoption section looking for and give your location. several of us have adopted from members. I have all adoptees. your avatar photo is adorable! so glad you joined this fun friendly bunch!

Naked Scout

Lairian
@Naked Scout , welcome to the lair family! is your baby sphynx named Scout? hope you get a change to do an introduction post. Introductions!
Do not hesitate to start your own post in the adoption section looking for and give your location. several of us have adopted from members. I have all adoptees. your avatar photo is adorable! so glad you joined this fun friendly bunch!
I will make an introduction soon! Yes, Scout is my boy! So in love with him! I’ve always been very curious about the breed and now that I have my own I’m even more in love . Glad I found this community!

Bayleecat

Lairian
@Bayleecat , checking in for updates if Baylee found her forever home.
I have spoken with a few interested people, still figuring out logistics but at this point can close the thread. If it doesn’t work I will let you know. Thank you everyone for your interest in my sweet girl. I know she will be loved ❤️❤️❤️

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bayleecat , ((hugs))) to all parties involved in her purrfect forever home. you said it all when you said " I know she will be loved". if they are not a member, please tel them about sphynxlair :)
((((hugs)))) so happy hearts aligned for Baylee.

will close thread for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back