Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx friendly places

MikkiJean

Lairian
Lexi likes going out with me when we go to Petco or the vet and being around people. I want to take her out more, but I'm always afraid I won't be able to. What are pet-friendly places that she can go with me?

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Pets are allowed in our local feed store. Murdocks or something. Petco is about all I can think of really.

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Most campgrounds and state parks allow pets and my boy cats have always loved camping. Not sure why, but the girls have not been quite as adventurous. Even if you weren't camping there, you could push her through the park in a stroller, just to enjoy the scenery.

Blue loves the car so if I run somewhere quick (like to return library books or pick up something at the drive-thru), he'll sometimes come with me. I don't tend to take him into many businesses other than pet shops & the vet, but it never hurts to ask. Last weekend I was in an antiques store and a guy walked in and said, "Is it okay if I bring my little dog in here as long as I carry him?" and the clerk said sure! Never would've thought it, but next time I go there, Bluey is coming along!! lol

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I'm right there with you mikkiJean. I see old ladies sneak their tiny dogs into the grocery store all the time and no one ever says anything. Snuffie is too big for me to stuff into my purse anymore (I used too...shhhhh!). So she has a stroller but I'm always worried I'll get kicked out. I guess it wouldn't be a huge deal but I don't like to draw attention to myself. lol

I always take her to PetSmart with me tho or if I'm running short errands to the drive thru or to grandma's house etc. She loves car rides and likes going places and espeically loves sitting with grandma.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I have been wondering aobut this as well as I would like to socialize the kittne when I get him. A lot of businesses don't allow pets other than working animals due to the fear of allergies. I wouldn't feel right about sneaking my cat in anywhere.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have been wondering aobut this as well as I would like to socialize the kittne when I get him. A lot of businesses don't allow pets other than working animals due to the fear of allergies. I wouldn't feel right about sneaking my cat in anywhere.

I think you need to get your cat a therapy animal in training vest. I know they have them for dogs, as I have seen them before around town. No clue where to even begin to find one. That way no place CAN kick you out. Service animals ARE allowed. I know that they have to take young puppies everywhere to get them social and used to that sort of work so why not a cat too.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I think you need to get your cat a therapy animal in training vest. I know they have them for dogs, as I have seen them before around town. No clue where to even begin to find one. That way no place CAN kick you out. Service animals ARE allowed. I know that they have to take young puppies everywhere to get them social and used to that sort of work so why not a cat too.

I didn't think about an "in training vest". Once Gleek turns a year old we'll be evaluated as a Pet Partners team. If we pass, I'll be able to purchase a offical Delta Society merchandise. I wonder if they have cat vests.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Maybe Snuffie can ask to have one made for you. I often thought about seeing about it because Jack LOVES to go everywhere and loves everyone.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Maybe Snuffie can ask to have one made for you. I often thought about seeing about it because Jack LOVES to go everywhere and loves everyone.

I've already PMed her about shirts so I'll ask her. We had a much welcomed cold front move in last night after weeks of heat and humidity, but the temperature change was nearly 20 degrees so I'm worried that the little guy will be too cold coming from Georgia.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Yup - I replied. :)

I can have "Pet In training" or something similar silk screened onto a tee or what not. I doubt the cost would be much more than $10 additional to have that added but I'll call around tomorrow and check into it. Maybe I can get a discount at Shirt Shack or something.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Yup - I replied. :)

I can have "Pet In training" or something similar silk screened onto a tee or what not. I doubt the cost would be much more than $10 additional to have that added but I'll call around tomorrow and check into it. Maybe I can get a discount at Shirt Shack or something.

I replied to your PM this morning, but I had forgotten about the "In Training" thing until seeing this post now. OOoops.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
we have an outside mall near us that it pet friendly. you can take your dogs (or cats i'm sure) into the stores and stuff. maybe you can look into something like that

MikkiJean

Lairian
Thanks everyone... I'll be looking into it. I need to get Lexi to be a little better with the leash first. Right now she just stands there and looks at me like "well aren't you going to carry me... I'm not walking!":Hysterical: spoiled girl

Bella07

Banned
Aaawww, well Lexi is a princess! Of course she expects you to carry her everywhere :Wink: By the way, when do we get to see some updated pictures of Lexi now that she is all settled in with the family? You know, we love pictures!

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks everyone... I'll be looking into it. I need to get Lexi to be a little better with the leash first. Right now she just stands there and looks at me like "well aren't you going to carry me... I'm not walking!":Hysterical: spoiled girl

:LOL: I thought that they always looked at us like we were expected to carry them!! Maybe Lexi is thinking, "Ya know, Mom, a stroller sure would be nice!!" hahahaha

MikkiJean

Lairian
Aaawww, well Lexi is a princess! Of course she expects you to carry her everywhere :Wink: By the way, when do we get to see some updated pictures of Lexi now that she is all settled in with the family? You know, we love pictures!

She is indeed a princess! I have some new pics and I will upload them tonight!

:LOL: I thought that they always looked at us like we were expected to carry them!! Maybe Lexi is thinking, "Ya know, Mom, a stroller sure would be nice!!" hahahaha

I'm sure that is exactly what she is thinking!! It's on the list!