Sphynx hair types

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Tails' started by Melonie, May 29, 2010.

1. Melonie

MelonieSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $370.00
    Ratings:
    +195
    I found this on a breeders website which is why I copied it and pasted it. Now I am wondering what type of cats I have. I get confused by reading I need pictures! Jack is almost all the way bald but if you like get a magnifing glass to him you can see he has some short teeny tiny hairs over his body and few on his tail. So he is not "bald" He has white fur on his nose and a little bit of red hair along his ears. He has almost not there whiskers. Ben has very course hard bristley hair over his body. He has very curled whiskers. No "fur" at all, just these really hard hairs like a wire haired dog would have minus his ears are red furred. Juno is basically furry. Her hair is downy and fine and comes out if you barely even pull it. But her whole tail is covered and her face and legs. Her body looks hairless but shes covered in a soft fur. The person I got her from called her "velour" . The boys you can't even see the fur unless you are looking, Juno on the other hand looks like a cat with mange LOL.

I found this by looking up Don sphynx from reading the other post.

• Like Like x 2

• MissMySphynxBoys

MissMySphynxBoysGold Lairian Notable Member

Sphynx Bucks:
      $502.00
      Ratings:
      +2,259
      Thanks for this post Melonie. I had seen some of this coat terminology but I wasn't sure what it all meant. Gee, my head is still buzzing with all the descriptions...I hope there isn't going to be a pop quiz!

• Like Like x 2
      • Melonie

MelonieSenior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
        $370.00
        Ratings:
        +195
        I think its more for the "peterbald" type sphynx but it describes all my cats to a T. I just found it interesting, glad you did too!

• ckutkuhn7

ckutkuhn7Banned

Sphynx Bucks:
        $43.00
        Ratings:
        +2,877
        Great info!! I've determined that Snuffie is flocked! And from the descriptions I'd rather have a flocked or rubber/gummi cat! hehe

• Like Like x 2