Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx has grown a coat of fur...Help!!!!

RITA PINHO

Lairian
Dear all,

a friend of mine has bought a sphynx kitten (sister of my Maria). Although they being sisters, hers has grown a coat of fur quite large, witch is worrying her, because the ideia was to have an hairless cat. The breeder quotes not responsible to this, and uses by comparison my girl Maria, and says it will possibly fall down near two years old.

we find it hard to believe...please let me know your experiences with similar situations..I really want to help my friend...awaiting your comments...

Kisses <3

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Sorry to hear the kitten of your friend has more furr then expected. I'm not an expert in this but I do know some sphynxes do have more hair then others and you can't always know witch kitten gets a lot of furr and which not.
It's possible that the cats gets less furr when it gets older.
Is it cold at the place where your friend lives? Some sphynx do get more furr in the winter and they will loose it when it's getting warmer.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@RITA PINHO encourage your friend to join us here and she can share photos and we can help possibly ease her mind. There are never any guarantees with hairlessness. It would be impossible. When the Winter months come here, my sphynx do grow fur or fuzz in certain areas and when the weather is nice again in the Spring, that Winter growth goes away.

One of my boys is quite furry in areas and we don't love him any less than the others that are way more hairless. So I hope your friend can love her sphynx for their wonderful personality.

celsei

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hmm, when I got Marcel at one year old he was fuzzy like this and had a little tuff of quite long hair behind his head. Just from having blankets, heated blankets, etc to keep warm he has lost all the fuzz even though it's just coming into winter and is now totally nude. Make sure the kitten is warm in case it's that, throws, cave beds and heated blankets help a lot. Can also try clothes. But it can also be a hormonal/growing thing or seasonal regardless of temperature, anyway it's quite possible she will shed the hair later on.

Attachments

• 13995632_1117509274985701_235247471876500204_o.jpg
    13995632_1117509274985701_235247471876500204_o.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 317
Back