Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

sphynx is sick need help

sandramary

Lairian
kitten was fixed and vac, when i got home she started rasping not wanting to eat,now she has had exray camera done throat abiotics ,her lungs has fluid ,slight swelling in stomach exray showed around intestines and other parts that there's cloudiness where it should be clear please i need some sound words ,she is full of life ,even the vet is unsure ,theres a series of different things going on ,eyes are clear still plays etc

Sheldon13

Staff member
If it happened right after neuter and vaccine she is likely either reacting to the vaccine or to anesthesia. This can need aggressive therapy. Please, if your vet is not able to figure it out take her for a second opinion.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Sheldon13

Staff member
There are so many possibilities. I’m not trying to be alarmist, but if her intestines became cloudy right after neuter surgery there’s a possibility that the doctor perforated something and she’s now got an infection in her belly. That would be very serious. The other possibility when you talk about her throat rasping and air her stomach is that the breathing tube may have been misplaced. This could also be a reason for a perforation. This requires emergency care please take her now. You don’t want to risk anything.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Sending positive vibes! I agree with a second opinion. It's a good sign she is full of life. But of course she needs to eat so I would not wait too long for a second opinion.

Yoda mom

Staff member
hugs n positive vibes for your baby. agree too with second opinion, early intervention to see what is going on for peace of mind

Back