Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

MaisyMom

Lairian
Hi. I have a 6 year old spayed female sphynx that is consistently itches her neck. She does this until she scratches it badly and it bleeds. She doesn’t have any bumps or skin issues. I have tried changing her food to no resolve. What could be causing the itchy ness? What should I try to resolve it? Thanks

Misty Lee 123

Lairian
I find that if my 1yo girl’s ears are getting a bit dirty she scratches her neck, and sometimes this results in a little scrape as they have such delicate skin. I guess that the wax build up is uncomfortable. Since realising this, I clean her ears more frequently, and this has resolved the scratching mostly. How often do you clean your girl’s ears? Could this be the case with her?
Others will likely have many different thoughts as to what it could be :)

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Are you truly catching her scratching or is she perhaps rubbing up against something as well? Is it all around the neck…can you grab a pic?

Sheldon13

Staff member
Could also be a shampoo or detergent sensitivity?

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Tamson

Lairian
Food allergy? Im currently dealing with extremely itchy skin and chronic yeast in ears. Since we stopped feeding chicken his ears cleared up but he is still itching his neck a lot too. Are you using any scented detergents or fabric softeners? Have you tried a food elimination diet?