Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx kitten ear cleaning!

CrestieRsq

Lairian
I use Zymox cleanser and enzymatic solution on Frankie (and the dogs). I use the cleaner one week and the enzymatic the next week. I feel very fortunate that Frankie does not get really dirty ears, most of my friends with Sphynx the ear gunk is a constant struggle. Once we got Frankie's initial ear infection cleared up, we've had no problems...but then I also use the Zymox religiously too.

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
lol! NO NO!! I don't want my ears cleaned!!! NOO!!

Kreacher doesn't like it, but he will tolerate it :)

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I must be really lucky! Mo isnt bothered about his ears being cleaned! Its probably really sad of me to admit but I love cleaning his ears I find it therapeutic!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have to wrap my kitties in a towel and then clean their ears or i get scratched lol they hate it!

Yep, that's Piglet, too. Doesn't mind getting a bath, but hates, hates, hates getting her ears cleaned! And don't get me started on how much she hates getting her nails trimmed or cleaned...sigh. :Dizzy:

I must be really lucky! Mo isnt bothered about his ears being cleaned! Its probably really sad of me to admit but I love cleaning his ears I find it therapeutic!

Wow, Sam. I'm envious! Wish it was that way with Piglet, but I guess one can't have everything perfect about their cat.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow, Sam. I'm envious! Wish it was that way with Piglet, but I guess one can't have everything perfect about their cat.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha made me laugh!

Jocy24

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Maggie doesnt really mind she just lets me clean her ears & I also clean her nails & between her toes she makes noises @ me but I just tlk to her & she calms down!

Wow Harry makes noises too when I clean his nails. It's kind of pitiful really. Doesn't mind having them trimmed but hates anything that involves cleaning. He runs now when he sees me going for a wet wipe :BigSmile:

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:Dizzy:All five of mine tolerate the bath, nail clipping , teeth brushing, and ear cleaning fine..But when it comes to cleaning their nails all of them whine:Hysterical:at least they let me do it though even if they do fuss...

Brooke

Banned
Pye does not mind to have having his ears cleaned but hates baths. He is very found of showers.

We have a few members that do better with showers... I'm afraid to try it for fear of the deep claw marks I'd have down my back! :LOL: You guys are very brave.

Elisabet

Lairian
Wow Harry makes noises too when I clean his nails. It's kind of pitiful really. Doesn't mind having them trimmed but hates anything that involves cleaning. He runs now when he sees me going for a wet wipe :BigSmile:

Decibel runs from the wetwipes too. Maybe because I used a lot of them when she was a baby.

Earcleaning and nailtrimming is my husbands job.
Decibel tolerates the trimming. But apparently she LOVES getting her ears cleaned.
I have the lovely job of bathing her. She hates it and me for doing it to her.

bella_bitis

Lairian
My cats say: Dirty cat is happy cat!
And dirty ears make them the happiest! :Dizzy:
They're are hiding when I am trying to clean their eyes and ears....

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I use a q-tip, is that bad? Abby hates it! But i don't know anyother way to get in her ear groves:Question:

As long as you can SEE where the q tip is cleaning that is fine. Problems develop when you use a q tip and put it in past where you can see....that is bad.

redmonsMUM88

Lairian
just wondering what you guys think is the best ear solution to use for my redmond...? i havent had him for very long so we are still trying to get the routine down and gonna have another go at it friday.. ive read countless articles and numerous you tube videos but ive had the best luck with good usable advice on this site.. any brands and where i could find it would be great.. maybe why you like it? not to smelly or sticky etc

Back