Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx Kitten - Feeding! How much? How often?

TwidGomez

Lairian
Hi All,

My new 13 week kitten Gomez is on dried biscuits and wet food. He seems to nearly take my hand off when feeding time comes round the breeder suggested three meals a day so I did 2 dried biscuit meals, about a small handful, and 1 egg cup size of wet food. Is this enough? The reason I ask is that I have just had some friends round and he jumped up at the table sat on the pita breads and tried to eat them then pinched a breadstick and munched at it and was wondering if he's hungry or greedy? Any advice?

Can anyone suggest a way of disciplining him in a nice way as he is getting away with murder at the mo as he is too cute to tell off. He bites and scratches and tries to pinch your food and I caught him drinking out of my glass little bugger!!

Thanks love Twid x

Inflamed

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sphynx kittens do eat a lot, they have to make up for not having fur to keep warm. Ussually there's some indication on the bag of food about how much to feed, but we always gave more. A lot of members here free feed, so basically they have dry food out all day, and give wet extra. But you just have to watch him closely, if he gets fat, feed less, but if he seems to want to eat all the time he may be hungry!
Good luck!

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I feed the same way; dry food out @ all times & some wet food each day. Boone also shares my meals with me as long as it isn't something that could make him sick. Sphynx cats eat more food & eat more often to keep up their higher metabolisim. They need to eat more to keep their body temperature up:Smile:

lodisphynx

Lairian
I've always let all of my cats eat at will, always a bowl of dry out. I don't feed wet.

My sphynx is much more adventerous on food that the hairy boys. Yogurt, cheese, ham, cottage cheese with fruit ****tail, popcorn, chicken, steak...... wants to sample whatever we are drinking..... OJ, iced tea.... (loves the pumpkin too when needed).

Back