Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx kitten needs 1-cat household

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annabanana

Lairian
From phoenix craigslist...

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/pet/1520024818.html

I have a female Sphynx Kitten who will be 1 on January 31st. She is a great kitten, but has a runny eye. We took her to the vet and found out she has the Corona Virus- We would like to find her a new home due to our other cat, in being afraid he may get it- She MUST be the only cat EVER in your home. She has a spay apointment on the 5th of January and will not leave before then. If you have been looking for a Sphynx, and don't want to pay $1000's, and don't have any other cats, please contact me. We are asking $200 to cover her spay- We paid $1000 for her- She eats, plays, poops fine-, just sometimes has a runny eye. E-mail and tell me about you- We will be selective in who she goes too-

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The chances are high that your other cat has the same thing, I think the statistics show that 80 or 90% of cats have been exposed to the Corona Virus. Have you concidered giving her L-Lysine suppliments to boost her immune system? It really can help reduce the symptoms of herpes etc.

If you do decide to rehome home, good luck with your search and I hope she finds a loving forever home.

ETA; I've just noticed it's a Craigslist listing and not yours.

Last edited:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It does not make sense.
Also they say they paid $1000 for the kitten.
Why not give it back to the breeder.
Most breeder want find homes for the cat if the person can not keep it.
It sounds more like the herpe virus.
The corona viru is what can cause FIP.

Annabanana

Lairian
Nooo idea. I thought it sounded like herpes as well but I'm not educated on corona at all. Just thought I'd pass it along :) Maybe someone with more info can email the owners?

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with m2m, like when we took in Max who now lives with Sillylily's mother in law. The lady that gave him to us said that the breeder did not want him back? who knows if she was telling me the truth or not but if it was one of my babies I would want it to make sure it had A good home I want to know whee my babies are. As A breeder I put alot of love and effort in to my babies and only want the best for them.

Brooke

Banned
do you still have the kitten available?

Hi l.a snuggs, this was actually a repost from a Phoenix craigslist ad. Not sure if it's still available - did you click the link in the original post?

PS - Welcome to the forum!

Adriana

Lairian
Would you ship? I just saw your info. Almost a month ago I adopted my first sphynx and she was so ill she passed before I could rush her to the vet in the morning. A whole 13 hours. We were told by the couple that she had a little cold and they gave us her meds. Sniffles did nothing but sleep at first and then came diarreah, throwing up and then screaming and collapsing I was up all night talking, holding, and giving her liquids. This was such a horrible ordeal. Especially for Sniffles! These people even have 3 other cats. 2 being sphynx. They don't even return my calls now. When I took her to be cremated the vet said that the smell and the color of the stuff coming out of her nose seemed like she was sick for a long time not for a few days like they said. He thought they waited to find an adopter and then decided to finally take her. Plus she was about 13 or so years of age, and they told me their vet would not give them an idea of how old she might have been. And she was pure bones. The vet said she was horribly under weight. I have been searching ever since, but my husband is still so upset that he wants me to take a break for searching. I just know there is another sphynx out there for us.

Adriana

Lairian
What a dum dum! I just realized you attached a link. Sorry to make you read the before message. I will go to the link. So sorry again. I read you message too darn fast and got so excited. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back