Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx kitten Peeing when asleep

CathyO

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@glorfindel34 I hope the higher white blood cell count is something minor and that it’s all just preemptive measure for the spay. I can just imagine your worry. Had one of my cats spayed 2 mo ago and I can tell u it helped with eliminating minor marking during a time I was switching litter boxes.

Seems your kitty is learning and progressing.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@glorfindel34 did the other vet want to do a ultrasound? any idea vet suggestion of why wbc off a little?

did the first vet give you a copy of the blood work? the one that has a 3 bar graph chart with low normal above bar graph?

did the new vet give ideas to the urinary incontinence ?
is the new vet doing the spay? confirm NO Ketamine :)

keep us updated ! hugs and head smooches!

I know with my kittles and dogs blood tests sometimes their normal ranges are just a hair off on the chart

glorfindel34

Lairian
@glorfindel34 did the other vet want to do a ultrasound? any idea vet suggestion of why wbc off a little?

did the first vet give you a copy of the blood work? the one that has a 3 bar graph chart with low normal above bar graph?

did the new vet give ideas to the urinary incontinence ?
is the new vet doing the spay? confirm NO Ketamine :)

keep us updated ! hugs and head smooches!

I know with my kittles and dogs blood tests sometimes their normal ranges are just a hair off on the chart
The new vet is doing the spay. Confirmed no ketamine. Said an ultrasound wasn't necessary but agreed that the incontinence was strange. The last vet didn't do a urine culture, just a regular urinalysis so we'll probably get that done soon. I didn't get a copy of the blood work but I'm going to request it

Yoda mom

Staff member
ok :) keep us posted on her spay date :)
hugs n head smooches
Tammy

I get a copy of the whole vet record chart notes and labs for "my records" that I share with my new vet

Yoda mom

Staff member
@glorfindel34 healing vibes to Ms. Eli! I bet you can't wait to get her home tomorrow
keep us updated! let us know if they send her home with pain meds/cone... if she does need a cone, many members have purchased soft cones. when my yoda girl was spayed she was really good and didn't need a cone.
healing vibes!
looking forward to updates!
give her a big head smooch from me when you get her home :)

Sheldon13

Staff member
I’m curious if there is any sort of monitoring or observation done overnight?

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

glorfindel34

Lairian
They don't monitor overnight but check on them and give them an extra pain shot before they leave. She got done late yesterday too, so if I were to pick her up she'd be barely awake.

She's home now and bopped around a bit. She's sleeping now.

They didn't give pain meds but gave her another pain shot before they gave her to us. They said if she needs pain meds to call the vet.

She has an extra small plastic cone that they wrapped some gauze around, but we're gonna look for a soft one today.

Attachments

• IMG_20200208_095755269.jpg
    IMG_20200208_095755269.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 20

Yoda mom

Staff member
@glorfindel34 glad Eli is home for extra snuggles and healing vibes! kudos to your vet's exceptional care.
keep us updated ... she is absolutely a gorgeous sweetie!
hugs and head smooches

Ask your vet if you should leave the hard cone with the gauze or switch to a soft.
she may not need it for too long :)

Sheldon13

Staff member
What a sweet girl. I absolutely adore her markings! Very unique!

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Will be looking for updates. So happy she healed fine. Hoping they can piece this one together for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
all paws crossed for the urine test results... following for updates
glad she is healed from the surgery.
hugs n head smooches

Back