Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx Lair on our photos?

AngelSphynx

Lairian
The Sphynx Lair logo is really cute but I don't like how every photo we upload has it stamped on there. It gets in the way and I feel like it ruins some photos because it covers up things. What was the purpose for this addition on the site and is there a way to remove it from my photos?

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
The image that you see is A Sphynxlair water mark, there are alot of false ads not excluding certain free pet advertising sites, and we do not want our members photos used for fictitious ads of any kind so it is there to protect our members and ourselves from unfortunate situations like these, also we have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours on this site while offering free membership to all Sphynxlair members so in turn the watermark also works as A small way for us to advertise the site. There are a lot of people that copy and paste their photo's urls to use on other sites like facebook, myspace etc. and this will help us gain exposure.This gives us a little push to help us grow. Sorry hope this helps but there are other sites that would love to steal some of your great pictures from us.:Laugh:
Admin

Brooke

Banned
The image that you see is A Sphynxlair water mark, there are alot of false ads not excluding certain free pet advertising sites, and we do not want our members photos used for fictitious ads of any kind so it is there to protect our members and ourselves from unfortunate situations like these, also we have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours on this site while offering free membership to all Sphynxlair members so in turn the watermark also works as A small way for us to advertise the site. There are a lot of people that copy and paste their photo's urls to use on other sites like facebook, myspace etc. and this will help us gain exposure.This gives us a little push to help us grow. Sorry hope this helps but there are other sites that would love to steal some of your great pictures from us.:Laugh:
Admin

I've heard of scammers on places like Craigslist that will steal photos of sphynxes and claim they are their cats, then they'll take your deposit and disappear with your money. It would be especially easy to take photos from here and pass them off because we have so many candid shots of our cats, it would be easy to believe the person just went to their living room and snapped a photo...

That watermark is probably helping a lot of other people from getting scammed! :Smile: :ThumbsUp:

It's sad there are so many scumbags out there, but sphyxes are especially susceptible to scamming because of their high value...

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I don't mind the logo really it is only bothersome when its on my profile background and i can't use certain pictures because it shows up as a black square, but i think it is preventing those awful scammers from doing their job easy so i'm for it! :ThumbsUp:

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
When I read the reason why it is there I immediately thought of craigslist scammers. What a sorry waste of skin they are!

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I don't mind the logo really it is only bothersome when its on my profile background

That's all I could see when I had a play with the profile background. In the bigger scheme of things I'm all for it if it stops scammer's stealing the pictures.

Its just a shame that their are people like that out there and that these things need doing. :ThumbsDown:

AngelSphynx

Lairian
Admin

Ahhh, ok. Totally makes sense. I'm glad it's there then! lol! Especially for the last thing you said! (And I have had it happen...) :Angry: Anyways I wasn't thinking and didn't realize all that. Thanks for putting me straight. :Wink: I didn't even know there were copy and paste codes underneath our pictures. lol. That's cool. I haven't really been on here in awhile because I've had a pretty crazy summer. That would have been neat to use when me and Butterball's daddy were helping to advertise this site back in the beginning.
If the watermark covers something important, I will try to work around it.

Maybe this doesn't look too bad? Actually, I'll just re-do it and put all the txt on top.
picture.php

Back on the subject of advertising, I've been meaning to ask you something. Do you have a Sphynx Lair sign or something to link back to? I've had a link to this site on my Angel Sphynx website but I think it would be better to have a sign. And I would love to put it on my myspace too (better then having the link in my blog. I don't think people read my blogs anymore. haha.) You have done a wonderful thing for us Sphynx lovers and I gladly advertise it. :Smile:

AngelSphynx

Lairian
I've heard of scammers on places like Craigslist that will steal photos of sphynxes and claim they are their cats, then they'll take your deposit and disappear with your money. It would be especially easy to take photos from here and pass them off because we have so many candid shots of our cats, it would be easy to believe the person just went to their living room and snapped a photo...

That watermark is probably helping a lot of other people from getting scammed! :Smile: :ThumbsUp:

It's sad there are so many scumbags out there, but sphyxes are especially susceptible to scamming because of their high value...

That's right! I have been hearing so many stories about that and have talked to a couple people who had that happen to them. It's horrible!! Absolutely horrible,.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Ahhh, ok. Totally makes sense. I'm glad it's there then! lol! Especially for the last thing you said! (And I have had it happen...) :Angry: Anyways I wasn't thinking and didn't realize all that. Thanks for putting me straight. :Wink: I didn't even know there were copy and paste codes underneath our pictures. lol. That's cool. I haven't really been on here in awhile because I've had a pretty crazy summer. That would have been neat to use when me and Butterball's daddy were helping to advertise this site back in the beginning.
If the watermark covers something important, I will try to work around it.

Maybe this doesn't look too bad? Actually, I'll just re-do it and put all the txt on top.
picture.php

Back on the subject of advertising, I've been meaning to ask you something. Do you have a Sphynx Lair sign or something to link back to? I've had a link to this site on my Angel Sphynx website but I think it would be better to have a sign. And I would love to put it on my myspace too (better then having the link in my blog. I don't think people read my blogs anymore. haha.) You have done a wonderful thing for us Sphynx lovers and I gladly advertise it. :Smile:

Thanks for understanding! And thanks for our link on your site!:ThumbsUp:
Stuff like that helps!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Reading about the scammers who might steal our pics and try to scam people reminds me about that one lady who saw an ad to adopt a baby off of craig's list and it was HER baby she saw in the picture. I swear sometimes people out there just disgust me :Angry: If I ever saw a picture of my baby (if I had one) or Meecho in a scam ad I would probably hunt that person down run them over with my SUV.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Reading about the scammers who might steal our pics and try to scam people reminds me about that one lady who saw an ad to adopt a baby off of craig's list and it was HER baby she saw in the picture. I swear sometimes people out there just disgust me :Angry: If I ever saw a picture of my baby (if I had one) or Meecho in a scam ad I would probably hunt that person down run them over with my SUV.

Hey, can I ride with you when you run the scammers down? I REALLY hate people like that, too!

Just recently a member of the Yahoo sphynx rescue group was trying to adopt a sphynx kitten off of craigslist, and the guy who posted the ad turned out to be a psychopath. Not only did the guy not have a sphynx (he wanted her credit card number before she even got to see the so-called sphynx in person), but he even threatened to go after her with a gun because she declined to meet him once she figured out it was a scam. Bunch of weirdos out there on CL, that's for sure! :Dizzy:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hey, can I ride with you when you run the scammers down? I REALLY hate people like that, too!

Just recently a member of the Yahoo sphynx rescue group was trying to adopt a sphynx kitten off of craigslist, and the guy who posted the ad turned out to be a psychopath. Not only did the guy not have a sphynx (he wanted her credit card number before she even got to see the so-called sphynx in person), but he even threatened to go after her with a gun because she declined to meet him once she figured out it was a scam. Bunch of weirdos out there on CL, that's for sure! :Dizzy:

:Surprise: Oh my god, I swear I wish I owned an island somewhere far far away and I could put all the wack jobs on it. Or just make a colony of only sphynx's and their owners :Laugh:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:Surprise: Oh my god, I swear I wish I owned an island somewhere far far away and I could put all the wack jobs on it. Or just make a colony of only sphynx's and their owners :Laugh:

I could go for that....a colony of sphynx and their owners...LOL! I would totally move there! :ThumbsUp:

We sphynx owners are probably much more sane than most of the doofuses out there! If cats really do choose their owners, our sphynx would be WAY too smart to pick a wack job to live with! :Wink:

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

I'm with ya!

Back