Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx Missing!!

marilyn

Lairian
My friends Sphinx last night was let out of the house not knowing it at the time. She has been looking all night for her. She has a history of getting out and walking down the stairs. She has been lucky, but last night her worst night mare came true. It was very cold outside lastnight and she feels that her cat would of came but up the stairs to be let in. She feel someone seen her cat and picked her up. A sniff dog was here this morning and tracked her sent at the bottom of the stairs and then lost it. Her sphinx will be one year in December. She is so sick over her lost and I'm asking for everyone's prays for my friend just to help her though her lost. I have a sphinx and i know how much my cat means to me. i would never want to feel what she is feeling!! :ThumbsDown:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

What color is the sphynx and where is she missing from?
I will post on my fb that she is missing.
Prayers she will be found and is ok.

marilyn

Lairian

What color is the sphynx and where is she missing from?
I will post on my fb that she is missing.
Prayers she will be found and is ok.

she is on my friends list under cuttiepie. we live in clear lake ca. thank you so much for the help. i just feel so sad for my friend. hoping her cat comes home, or if someone has her cat they return it or take it to the pound. the pound knows she is missing to and have our number as well, and a pic.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
When I click on your fb it goes to mine.
I know some breeders in teh area where this cat is missing so I want to post it on fb asap

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It might help to tell a little story and say the cat is on daily medication. That might get someone thinking that she is high maintenance - if she was CatNapped.
My thoughts and prayers are with your friend and cutie pie.

Gizzymom

Banned
It might help to tell a little story and say the cat is on daily medication. That might get someone thinking that she is high maintenance - if she was CatNapped.
My thoughts and prayers are with your friend and cutie pie.

Good call, Candys. She should say the cat has chlamydia and is highly contagious.... needs to be treated ASAP... Reward offered. (or else someone may just dump it).

Hope something works....:Dizzy:

Bella07

Banned
That is actually a really good idea to make up something such as daily medication or chlamydia....Hopefully that'll urge whoever may have taken her to return her. Anways, I really hope that your friends Sphynx is okay....I'll be sure to keep her in my thoughts and prayers for a safe return!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hoping for a safe return! Did she leave an enclosed box with a warm blanket in it outside along with food and water, this may help if she is still around the area.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Marlene I just got this email from a breeder who can help.
Im surprised I havent heard about this till now, Im the one who does all the rescues up here. I know where to relay the info, .... Id be more than happy to help... either call or write with the details...
I have her phone number and she said to call her with more info.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Please feel free to say that the cat needs daily medication. But do NOT say it has something like chlamydia or some sort of nasty contagious disease. Saying that could very well endanger the kitty.

I'd also offer a no-questions asked reward. A sizeable reward. Cause that reward needs to be higher than what someone could sell the cat for. If they can keep the cat, sell it for several hundred dollars, or turn it in for a $1000 reward - the goal is to entice them to take the reward. Make sure every kid in the neighborhood knows about the reward too.

Also go to all the area pounds every day. Don't think phoning them is adequate, go see for yourself whether or not it's there.

And notify all the vets in a 30 mile radius.

I hope the kitty is found quickly. At least losing the scent at the bottom of the stairs indicates that someone picked it up and it didn't freeze. Saying lots of prayers for this baby and her parent.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sending good thoughts and prayers that the missing kitty is found soon. In the event the kitty is hiding nearby and is too afraid to go back up the stairs, smelling its own scent might help lure it back. Just have her owners sprinkle some semi used (no poop) cat litter from her box outside aroudn the bottom of the stairs. Putting a bed, blanket, food and water out might help too.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I hope she is found soon. My heart would be shattered if I were going through this. I hope she has a safe return!
Sending our love and positive thoughts and vibes.

Christina, Snuffie and SoBe

firehillqueen

Banned
In March of this year I lost my beloved Du that way. Someone let him out while we had company, he was very naughty about slipping into the garage but I always knew to watch for him. No one mentioned that he went out... if indeed anyone knew... It was sometime after when my husband mentioned that when he went outside to walk someone to the car that a *stray*cat ran past him in the garage. Horrors! I ran searching for Du. I looked all night and never found him. I posted reward ( a very very substantial one) I can only pray that someone did indeed *steal* him.
My heart goes out to the lady who lost her sphynx baby. I pray she has a happier ending.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
In March of this year I lost my beloved Du that way. Someone let him out while we had company, he was very naughty about slipping into the garage but I always knew to watch for him. No one mentioned that he went out... if indeed anyone knew... It was sometime after when my husband mentioned that when he went outside to walk someone to the car that a *stray*cat ran past him in the garage. Horrors! I ran searching for Du. I looked all night and never found him. I posted reward ( a very very substantial one) I can only pray that someone did indeed *steal* him.
My heart goes out to the lady who lost her sphynx baby. I pray she has a happier ending.

I'm so sorry this happened to you, firehillqueen.
I hope this Sphynx is found safe and is returned home soon.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

What an awful thing, firehillqueen. I'm so sorry for you. I too hope that Du is in a nice home that loves him.

marilyn

Lairian
OK so good news lodi dotti is back. my mom put up flyers at 11am today and she was outside by 2:30. The owner is so happy to have her back home. She had a safe return, only that she was very hungry and anxious. Thank you everyone for the help and just wanted to share the good news!! :BigSmile:

Inferno12

Banned
OK so good news lodi dotti is back. my mom put up flyers at 11am today and she was outside by 2:30. The owner is so happy to have her back home. She had a safe return, only that she was very hungry and anxious. Thank you everyone for the help and just wanted to share the good news!! :BigSmile:

Yay, good news! :ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

Back