Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx names

Appleslolo

Lairian
I'm about to (fingers crossed) adopt my first sphynx within the next couple of days if everything goes well and I've been trying really hard to figure out a name and I'm having no luck. So I was wondering if y'all could share some names you have for yours or some y'all came up with. The one I'm looking at is a girl who's white with orangish circles on her body

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I went the dramatic and playful route with mine: Lord Maximillian von Strange and Lady Wilhelmina von Strange.

Do you have a pic of your girl?

bluejay1919

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ours came to us already named and we kept them since they were use to them but they fit them well.

Phoebe- but I usually call her Phoebe Whoebe and my little girl ( that really is Phoebe's mommy) calls her Baby Cakes. Hehe it's cute, I think.

I actually have a little song I made up, in a country song fashion, about Phoebe. And I sing this often in the morning when I'm feeding her and she is rubbing on my legs.

Raisin- aka Raisin Hell
And she's actually a total sweetheart, and never raises hell. But she does look like a little shriveled Raisin. I was told her twin sister was named Prune.

bluejay1919

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I forgot my mom's kitty, a Sphynx as well. Her name is Sparrow. Apparently she had several brothers and sisters and the mommy couldn't produce any milk and they all died except for Sparrow. Her previous owners bottle fed her and she is healthy, well fed and happy now.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Appleslolo Welcome! All paws crossed for you amd your first Sphynx!
Please enjoy the forums with us amd keep us updated- she sounds adorable!

I have 4 adoptees - I kept 3 names ( Claire aka Claire Bare) , Batman , Yoda who all knew their names very well :)

My fourth one was clueless to his name at 11 mos old when I adopted him.
so I chamged his name to Toby ( for sounding like the phrase "meant to - be "

lapril

Lairian
I used video game characters for my babies.
I like egyptian names too. I was going to name my boy Ramses and my girl Nefertari

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm about to (fingers crossed) adopt my first sphynx within the next couple of days if everything goes well and I've been trying really hard to figure out a name and I'm having no luck. So I was wondering if y'all could share some names you have for yours or some y'all came up with. The one I'm looking at is a girl who's white with orangish circles on her body

@Appleslolo I wish you the best and hope you can get this little girl in the next few days.

Once you know she's yours and you have her, I think a name will come to you much easier. In the meantime, I can only suggest names that might go with her coloring as you described:

Creamsicle
Clementine
Cheese Doodle or Doodles for short

(I like Clementine actually LOL). But you'll know when you see her. I feel confident that she won't go nameless. :) Update and let us know when you get her and what name you've chosen. Of course, we want to pics.

Appleslolo

Lairian
I decided to go with princess peach ❤️

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 37

Anna Kate

Lairian
We're getting ours on Thursday! We're going to name her Maz Kanata, after the character in The Force Awakens. I've been pushing for Maz Catnata, but my husband says "puns are dangerous territory", hahaha. She has a fully stocked Star Wars collection waiting for her when she gets here! I literally can NOT wait! We've got a countdown on our fridge!

Back