Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx Newbie & Pic Overload

HelloKatie

Lairian
Hi everyone, I'm Katie, I'm 23 years old and a nursing student. I'm engaged to my boyfriend of 9 years and him and my pets are the loves of my life. We have some chihuahuas and a toy poodle and recently bought a little sphynx girl who was born on August 5th. She won't be home until November 7th but we're already obsessed. I live at home with my parents and they have 2 cats from the humane society who are just about 2 years old. I'm worried about their reaction to their new hairless sister but we figure they'll get over it, right?

Anyway, I'm happy to be here and have enjoyed looking at everyone's pictures and threads! I'm sure I'll have tons of questions for you all.

Oh! I almost forgot...our kitty's name will probably be Amelia (we're still leaving Olive and Ophelia in the name-possibility-category until we meet her in person).

And the most exciting part...pictures! (all taken by her breeder)

newbornamelia.jpg

babyamelia3.jpg

babyamelia4.jpg

babyamelia5.jpg

calico.jpg

calico2.jpg

calico5.jpg

amelia2.jpg

bdaykitty3.jpg

bdaykitty5.jpg

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome to sphynx Lair! She is sooo Beautiful I remember seeing her in the breeders website-I love her colors and markings!......:BigSmile:

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
hi so glad u found this site ur gonna have so much fun when ur baby girl comes home!!!! she is so beautiful!!!! btw i like the name Amelia alot :ThumbsUp:

EmbraceMonChat

Lairian
She's stunning! Her colors are so beautiful and her facial markings are so nice. You must be DYING just waiting for her to be ready to come home. I'm in the same boat, my first Sphynx is due at the middle/end of Nov.

Congrats!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to Sphynx Lair.
She is very cute.
I just got my 2nd sphynx 3 weeks ago.
Youe sphynx bday is the day before my Cleos.
Her bday is Aug 6th and my brothers cat not sphynx is Aug 5th.
My cats with fur excepted Cleo my sphynx the first time they saw her.
All my cats with fur became friends with my new sphynx the first time they saw her.
My other sphynx hated the new sphynx until last week.
Kinda funny the sphynx is the one that did not like the new kitten.

myspecialboy

Lairian
She's so pretty! I bet you can't wait!
How much longer do you have in school? I'm also 23, but I've been a nurse for about 2.5yrs. I love it and I hope you do, too!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Hellokattie and welcome to Sphynxlair! what a cuttie of a cat! cant wait to hear her coming home story!
Enjoy!:ThumbsUp::Laugh:

HelloKatie

Lairian
Thanks everyone! We're very excited.

I started nursing school in Aug. 2008 and I should be graduating in May of 2010 so about 8 more months now. I say 'should' because I'm always scared I'll fail a class *knock on wood* Our class started with 120 and we're down to about 40 :Surprise:
Did you specialize in anything? I'd love to work in the NICU or labor and delivery but I won't be picky...I'll take what I can get!!

ellie4-12

Lairian
Awwww!! You have such a pretty girl coming! I expect lots of pictures and stories! :D

I'm engaged to my Benjamin too. We are close to your age :)

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats! She is stunning! I love her eyes and cute face. I think Amelia is a really cute name for her.

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
A Big Warm Welcome to you both. Alot of nurses here! I am an RN but not working anymore. What super pics you have of your new baby!

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
OMG!! She's so cute!!!! I love the name Ophelia!! You should be fine with the other cats. I had two other cats when I brought Kreacher home, a male and a female. You'll have to give them a day or two to adjust, but they are best buds now! In fact my other "Regular" cats are actually picking up some personality traits from Kreacher! They all teach each other. Plus your more likely to have a more well behaved kitty, cause they have older kitties to show them what the right things are to do, and to put them in check when they get out of control.

Congrats on your engagement BTW :) When are you two getting married?

English Dave

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She is beautiful, I bet you feel like a kid waiting for christmas and are counting the days for her to come home!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Katie, welcome to the site, we sure hope you enjoy it. Love the pictures of your new baby and can not wait to hear all about her:ThumbsUp:
My sister just finished nursing school and had the same fear of failing as she watched her class get smaller and smaller! Don't worry I think if you made it this far you will be just fine!

Back