Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx obsessed!

dgoetsch

Lairian
Hi everyone, my name is Dianne and I live in a suburb of Detroit. I have one kitty, Warren, and he is a seven month old blue point. I've wanted a cat, basically, my entire life. Researching different breeds, I knew the Sphynx was perfect for me. I am so happy every day that I have Warren; he brings so much joy and excitement to my life! My fiance and I enjoy snuggling, petting, and playing with him 24/7. He's a very sweet, playful little guy. I couldn't have asked for a better kitten! My parents, who don't particularly care for cats, absolutely love him. I love coming here to the Sphynx Lair to get my daily dose of Sphynx cuteness!

Last edited by a moderator:

ktate88

Banned
Wow, Warren is so striking!! He is a handsome boy who is very photogenic.

His regal poses remind me of Elvis, a beautiful blue weimeraner I love and adore.

Attachments

• Elvis.jpg
    Elvis.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2580.jpg
    IMG_2580.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 18

dgoetsch

Lairian
Wow, Warren is so striking!! He is a handsome boy who is very photogenic.

His regal poses remind me of Elvis, a beautiful blue weimeraner I love and adore.

I love those regal animal poses. My fiance nicknamed Warren "Noble Beast," which I thought was fitting. :)

ktate88

Banned
I love those regal animal poses. My fiance nicknamed Warren "Noble Beast," which I thought was fitting. :)

I think it is fitting, too!

Niles has a Stewie from Family Guy personality sometimes, sometimes regal. I need to find him a kitty charm school so he stops passing gas when his admirers pick him up :Woo::Sweat::Hysterical:

TotenEngel

Banned
hehe, Smeagol did this the other day, our catsitter had come back to drop off the keys and parking permit, just as she was leaving she picked him up for a cuddle and... well, she left pretty quickly after that!

ktate88

Banned
YES! Why oh why does this happen? Sometimes they are like whoopie cushions! hah

hehe, Smeagol did this the other day, our catsitter had come back to drop off the keys and parking permit, just as she was leaving she picked him up for a cuddle and... well, she left pretty quickly after that!
I swear it is all the time... so bad! Twice this morning when he is here with me at work!

Ok explain the deer in the house.

That was Rosie, a fawn my animal hospital worked with on rehabilitation. She was bitten by an animal when she was a day old. The emergency hospital in town worked with her, but on of our vets does rehabilitation and sports medicine. We ultimately took over care of her from September 09 till Jan 10.
She would stay with us at night in our homes to exercise, feed, and change her diaper. She was awesome-- she knew when people were around, she LOVED when someone would cook and she would crawl over to you. If you left the room too long she would start screaming for you like a baby.
Sadly she passed away January 9th of this year. She had an awesome day running in her wheelchair in the yard and lapping up some veggie soup :Wink:
I went to go to our holiday office party ~7 pm. My parents got back ~8:30 and she had passed away. When the doc and I got to her there was nothing we could do. She could have bloated or died from chronic polynephritis(kidney failure). She was bloated when he found her but her stomach wasn't abnormal.
However she went I know she went quickly, and waited till she was alone to pass. I wish I could have been there with her, but she had it her way.

Here is her website Dr. Jennell Appel, her rehabilitation vet, made for her.
?Rosie? the Fawn

dgoetsch

Lairian
Wow, that's incredible! What an amazing story. I didn't even realize that was a fawn. I was focused on the regal pup, and thought the fawn was a little dog.

dgoetsch

Lairian
What a handsome boy you have. Is it time for another one?:Smile:

haha, I talk about getting another one all of the time. Honestly, I don't have the funds or the time to dedicate to two kitties (um, and a fiance!). Although, I understand I would receive twice the love in return. I can't imagine trying to get one cat out from dashing down in to the basement, while the other one tries the same thing. Besides, I'm enjoying spoiling Warren as my only child. :) Maybe some day!

Back