Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx or Donskoy or Peterbald...help! Sphynx or Donskoy or Peterbald...help!Hi! We are looking to add

KittyCat13

Lairian
6994140B-7819-472B-88C8-624B700F9100.jpeg

KittyCat13

Lairian
Hi! We are looking to add a new family member, and are having a hard time choosing between the Canadian Sphynx, Peterbald, and Donskoy. Can anyone advise? Really just wanting to know healthwise and affection levels, which you would recommend, and male or female. No one has litters of any of these close by so would love some feedback!! Thanks in advance. ❤️

Toa and Ross

Staff member
I only know the sphynx and never met a Donskoy or Peterbald. But from what I've heard they have a similar personality.
Female and male makes not such a big difference. It's more about the personality.
Good luck in your search!

CathyO

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Would be helpful to know what pet(s) you already have? It seems it's no diff than lottery when it comes to health and personality for sphynx vs donskoy: Difference Between Canadian Sphynx, Don Sphynx And Peterbald I would focus on the breeder's manner of raising the kittens and individual cat personality. I personally prefer a breeder that has gotten their kittens to weekly bathing and nail clipping and uses sisal rope -only scratching posts for all their cats as I have tons of soft and rough carpet and velvet/microfiber surfaces in my home. Otherwise, you may adopt a kitty that may be confused where to scratch.

I've seen Peterbalds in person at cat shows and found them a tad bit too big and really closer to a siamese look which I'm not too keen about. If you don't mind a bit of fur (non-shedding), I would look into Cornish Rexes. They are known to live quite long and living up to 20 yrs is not uncommon but they remain playful forever (?) lol.

Sheldon13

Staff member
I have to say Sphynx PURELY because of the personality of the breed. It’s everything to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back