Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx Owners in NC or SC?

KaylaTeague

Lairian
Hello everyone!

I am wondering where my NC/SC sphynx owners are located? I posted in the introduction thread that I am looking to adopt a sphynx sometime in the future. However, I have never met a sphynx and would like to do that before purchasing a kitten. I live in Wilmington, NC which is near the southeastern border of NC/SC. I am willing to travel if anyone is willing to open their homes and allow me to come meet their sphynx(es). Please comment if this is something you are willing to do and I will message you to discuss further details.

Thank you everyone and I hope everyone had a happy holiday/Merry Christmas!

Kayla :love:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@KaylaTeague perhaps a thought ... contact TICA and see if there are breeders in your area?
surely neighboring members will chime in

fwiw, I never touched met a sphynx till my Gotcha day :) after doing lots of reading
then one day, there she was.. my Yoda girl

keep us updated
all paws crossed the sphynx stars align

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Hope members from your area will pm you!
Maybe you can visit a cat show? The first time I did pet a sphynx was at a pet show. The second time I was petting my two boys:)

KaylaTeague

Lairian
Hope members from your area will pm you!
Maybe you can visit a cat show? The first time I did pet a sphynx was at a pet show. The second time I was petting my two boys:)
I did check and there is a cat show in my state in March. I plan on attending the show! However I am happy to say I did find a breeder about an hour away from me and am making the drive up there today to meet their queens and studs. I am so excited I can't wait! :)

KaylaTeague

Lairian
@KaylaTeague perhaps a thought ... contact TICA and see if there are breeders in your area?
surely neighboring members will chime in

fwiw, I never touched met a sphynx till my Gotcha day :) after doing lots of reading
then one day, there she was.. my Yoda girl

keep us updated
all paws crossed the sphynx stars align
I found a breeder an hour away. I am meeting their queens and studs today. The stars aligned and I am meeting a sphynx for the first time in about 7 hours. I am too excited! :) They will have kittens soon.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@KaylaTeague will be following for updates.. . ask lots of questions... the reputable breeder thread has good tips as well as the fraud thread you may have read both already...

also recommend not going alone... at least PM me the cattery name , address phone number so we know where you are ..
safe miles n sphynx smiles...

look forward to your update!
hugs and head smooches

all paws crossed the sphynx stars align with a reputable breeder and adorable baby or adult :)

go with your gut

KaylaTeague

Lairian
Breeder is located in Jacksonville, North Carolina. They are a very small cattery and do this as a hobby. They just relocated from Pennsylvania because of a job. They have two queens and one stud. I am attaching pics in the next reply!

Last edited by a moderator:

KaylaTeague

Lairian
IMG_6375.jpg
IMG_6410.jpg
IMG_6388.jpg

KaylaTeague

Lairian
@KaylaTeague oooh how exciting you are going to visit a breeder and her cats today. Enjoy!! Let us know how it went:)
@YodaMom

I have included a few pictures and videos from the visit. I am not sure if you can actually watch the video, its glitching on my end. Let me know if you cannot see. It was a wonderful visit and I received SO MANY cuddles. Stella (elf) is pregnant and should be having her kittens any moment.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Breeder is located in Jacksonville, North Carolina. They are a very small cattery and do this as a hobby. They just relocated from Pennsylvania because of a job. They have two queens and one stud. I am attaching pics in the next reply!

It's great to hear how the visit at the cattery went! I had to edit your post a bit cause it's not allowed to give the names of breeders or catteries on this site. Hope you don't mind.

Natasja

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Ooooh look at that huge smile on your face. You look so happy. We definitly have a new sphynx lover here! :)
The sphynxs are stunning. Beautiful colours. And very adorable the way they wrap you around the paw with cuddles.
Will you get a kitten from the elf? Curious to see if the litter will have elf kittens too!
I have an elf girl, she is adorable. Just like my 2 sphynx boys

Keep us updated

KaylaTeague

Lairian
Ooooh look at that huge smile on your face. You look so happy. We definitly have a new sphynx lover here! :)
The sphynxs are stunning. Beautiful colours. And very adorable the way they wrap you around the paw with cuddles.
Will you get a kitten from the elf? Curious to see if the litter will have elf kittens too!
I have an elf girl, she is adorable. Just like my 2 sphynx boys

Keep us updated

I was very happy! I have waited so long for that moment. It was everything I dreamed of and more. :)

She has had elf kittens in her litters before. This litter looks like a small litter. Maybe 4 kittens. I love her look so I’m hoping she will. I probably will not get a kitten from this litter. I would like to accumulate a larger reserve fund for vet visits, food, and toys. I want to make sure I can give my baby a good life.

After yesterday, it’s going to be very hard for me to wait. I want one now they are the most amazing animals. I didn’t want to leave them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
@KaylaTeague awhhh ... so happy you had an amazing visit! love to hear what your description of how they feel? some say like a peach, etc
I can see the stars aligning!
ask the breeder if they regularly HCM scan the breeder kitties. Kudos to you for building a nakid fund :)
I did not get health insurance but did get a care credit card for emergencies... it is only good if you are on top of it and financially savy ..
I have never paid a dime of interest... basically anything over $200 is a 6 mo promo that must be paid in full by due date or huge 30% like interest. it can be used for your own health care dental visits, vision etc. they usually start out with a $500 over the phone immediate credit line. I called back and they increased it ALOT. it has been a life saver for my crew. I have adoptees so most all stuff preexisting so I went for the care credit card.

looking forward to updates! the stars are aligning :)
you can also check TICA for other breeders to interview so you have some choices on your list.

the kitties are precious ! I can see how they warmed your heart!

Fayiza

Lairian
I was very happy! I have waited so long for that moment. It was everything I dreamed of and more. :)

She has had elf kittens in her litters before. This litter looks like a small litter. Maybe 4 kittens. I love her look so I’m hoping she will. I probably will not get a kitten from this litter. I would like to accumulate a larger reserve fund for vet visits, food, and toys. I want to make sure I can give my baby a good life.

After yesterday, it’s going to be very hard for me to wait. I want one now they are the most amazing animals. I didn’t want to leave them.

Love how responsible and patient you’re being! Asking questions, saving financially and even taking the time to meet a Sphynx in real life to see if they are the right fit for you. When you get your kitty she will be so lucky to have you! Can’t wait for updates on your eventual gotcha day!!

KaylaTeague

Lairian
@KaylaTeague awhhh ... so happy you had an amazing visit! love to hear what your description of how they feel? some say like a peach, etc
I can see the stars aligning!
ask the breeder if they regularly HCM scan the breeder kitties. Kudos to you for building a nakid fund :)
I did not get health insurance but did get a care credit card for emergencies... it is only good if you are on top of it and financially savy ..
I have never paid a dime of interest... basically anything over $200 is a 6 mo promo that must be paid in full by due date or huge 30% like interest. it can be used for your own health care dental visits, vision etc. they usually start out with a $500 over the phone immediate credit line. I called back and they increased it ALOT. it has been a life saver for my crew. I have adoptees so most all stuff preexisting so I went for the care credit card.

looking forward to updates! the stars are aligning :)
you can also check TICA for other breeders to interview so you have some choices on your list.

the kitties are precious ! I can see how they warmed your heart!

So Stella felt different than both Rocky and Aria. Rocky and Aria felt like a warm fuzzy peach, and Stella's "fur" was a little longer. It is hard for me to describe how she felt. Rocky and Aria have Russian bloodlines so that may have something to do with it. They scan for HCM every year. So far, everything has been negative. It was cool to see the typical sphynx mannerisms in person. All three of them gathered on the stove-top for warmth and that is something I would always see in pictures from other sphynx owners.

KaylaTeague

Lairian
Love how responsible and patient you’re being! Asking questions, saving financially and even taking the time to meet a Sphynx in real life to see if they are the right fit for you. When you get your kitty she will be so lucky to have you! Can’t wait for updates on your eventual gotcha day!!

Thank you so much! I am so ready to have one to myself!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@KaylaTeague oh boy do I know the anticipation... I waited 15 years for my first nakid for when the time was right ( was working 12 plus hour shifts etc) .

I am so happy you got to meet n cuddle nakids! I never had that chance before I got my first.
OMG you must be soo excited :) they are an amazing breed

Yoda mom

Staff member
@KaylaTeague so happy to hear the breeder does annual HCM scans and all have been negative.

my nakids feel different too. My girl is very wrinkly, soft smooth. My two littermate boys are total baldies without the extreme wrinkles ( think mine are more of the old school original sphynx look imho) and my Toby is velvety with some slight fur on tail and feet and slight ear tuft hair.
I know nothing about his lines ... he was off a hoobly ad years ago.. and she said she could not remember the cattery name.. yeah ok..
so he the mystery

jump on and enjoy the forums with us while the stars align! it's truly lair family here

Back