Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx Pendant

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This is a gorgeous hand made Sphynx pendant made by a lady who also makes Bengal and Savannah pendants. I had mentioned at the last cat show, she needed to make a Sphynx, so she started working and came up with this little guy!

Now, I NEED him , but I can tell you- I have the Savannah one and in person, it's amazing the detail that she puts into these fellas!

Last edited by a moderator:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
awe, cute!! i love animal jewerly! i bought my finacee a bulldog ring for our anniversary. he LOVES it!
i'm not a big jewerly person. but its very cute

AngelSphynx

Lairian
I love it! Thanks for sharing. The pendant even has little wrinkles. hehe! I have been looking for just the right Sphynx necklace. I've really been wanting one for a long time.

p.s. OMG the Bengal/Saannah pendants are SUPER cool! I wish she would make a Sphynx pendant more like those! Especially the Savannah... reminds me of my Sphynx's when they are playing. That is so cool that you have that one, BirthdaySuit!

susi794

Staff member
I love it! Thanks for sharing. The pendant even has little wrinkles. hehe! I have been looking for just the right Sphynx necklace. I've really been wanting one for a long time.

p.s. OMG the Bengal pendants are SUPER cool! I wish they would make a Sphynx pendant more like those! Especially the one on the right... reminds me of my Sphynx's when they are playing. They like to hang from a cat tree and look at me wildly like they are saying, "Come and get me!" They are crazy little monkeys. :LOL:

I agree---the bengal ones are way cuter--I didn't care for the sphynx one, but would buy a sphynx one that had as much detail as the bengals did in a second.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'll have to mention that to her- I think she was trying to be different, although I do agree- I like the form of my SV better. It hangs so nice when you wear it, ya know?

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Very cute. I like them all! Mostly the ones dangeling by their paws! So cute, thanks for sharing! I sent the link to a friend of mine who has a Bengal. :)

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Okay- so I'm asked to provide LEAPING pics! Anyone have any pics of their Sphynx up in the position of the Savannah/Bengal pendants? She also asked what we thought of the ears- are they big enough for you guys?

susi794

Staff member
I don't think the ears are big enough, and I would like to see the cheekbones all the way around the eyes raised up more so they look more pronounced--the sphynx face is more defined than reg. cats--and goes in more at the muzzle--also need more wrinkles....and in my opinion the tail looks too thick too. And if the cat isn't going to be leaping, the tail would be nice in the classic curl.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I definitely agree on the tail. I'm thinking I should ask her to pop by here and see photos and talk to people for input. Wonder if she'd do it? :)

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Okay- I didn't realize you weren't supposed to put product links onsite. Well, I invited the creator to pop over here and join, so I hope she does and I hope she's allowed to get input on her design if she does :)

faziostore

Banned
Hi Everyone,

I appreciate the opportunity to get input from people who "know Sphynx". Thanks for letting me join, even though I have no Sphynx. I have already enjoyed looking through your photos.

Thanks for all your comments so far on my new Sphynx Pendant. I do appreciate every single comment pro or con. It is important to get honest feedback in order to imporve.

This stance seemed like the most common in photos that I could find. It's hard to find any stance for a feline that is as cute as swinging from their paws. Not owning a Sphynx, I really am finding it difficult to capture their personality in a pendant. If anyone has a photo jumping or stretched out, I would love that. I could only see one that was close. Someone's photo of their Sphynx ready to climb the drapes.

First change will be the tail....it needs more taper and curl, right?

More wrinkles???

Are most Sphynx ears larger than this? Should they be bigger and/or out from the head. Are kitten ears proportionally larger than adults?

Sorry for so many questions. Please answer whatever you feel comfortable answering or post any comment you think is relevant. I'm thrilled to have any comments or suggestions.

Thanks!
faziostore

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The picture you liked of Cleos tail is how many sphynx are.
They do have big ears also.
Did you look through my photos on fb.

faziostore

Banned
Oh cool! I had no idea who is who. So Cloe is your girl, who I called a boy first....sorry again. She was the little cutie posing for the camera with the perfect tail. Yes, I was looking through all your photos on fb....didn't know they were yours, but yeah.

So do you think the ears need enlarged? Should they be taller, wider, or both?
Is there a link to the Sphynx standard? Sorry if my questions seem obvious.

I am so clumsy with my computer, I may virtually hurt someone. :Hysterical:

Thanks for your input!
faziostore

Back