Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx picture from the children's book

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I know that there is a sphynx doll rom the children's book I think it was just in another thread well I thought I would share that I was in home goods and I found a picture I think from the book but not sure It is a picture of a Sphynx on a canvas kind of a cartoon like painting and the caption under the picture is Less Is More. Did I get it of course it is hanging in our half bath:Laugh: and it was only $12.99

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sounds like a great buy! You said it was in the Home Goods store? We have one of those stores here in Colorado Springs (albeit on the opposite end of town from where I live...sigh). I'll have to check that out this week! Any chance you can post a photo of the picture?

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a great buy! You said it was in the Home Goods store? We have one of those stores here in Colorado Springs (albeit on the opposite end of town from where I live...sigh). I'll have to check that out this week! Any chance you can post a photo of the picture?

One second I will!

Gizzymom

Banned
I know that there is a sphynx doll rom the children's book I think it was just in another thread well I thought I would share that I was in home goods and I found a picture I think from the book but not sure It is a picture of a Sphynx on a canvas kind of a cartoon like painting and the caption under the picture is Less Is More. Did I get it of course it is hanging in our half bath:Laugh: and it was only $12.99

I have the books and the plush!!! The author is Jodi Pliszka. She is a cancer survivor / sphynx owner and wrote 3 childrens books on being different. She is amazing. I spoke with her via email few times - I felt the need to contact her since we are both Jodi / Jody and we both have red sphynxes named Gizmo. If you google her, you can find her books and her plush Bella on line.

I have a fairly extensive Sphynx art collection and as soon as I get my new camera (hopefully black Friday), I will take pics and post. :ThumbsUp:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have the books and the plush!!! The author is Jodi Pliszka. She is a cancer survivor / sphynx owner and wrote 3 childrens books on being different. She is amazing. I spoke with her via email few times - I felt the need to contact her since we are both Jodi / Jody and we both have red sphynxes named Gizmo. If you google her, you can find her books and her plush Bella on line.

I have a fairly extensive Sphynx art collection and as soon as I get my new camera (hopefully black Friday), I will take pics and post. :ThumbsUp:

That's cool, gizzysmom; I have both of Jodi's books and her Bella sphynx plush...I use them sometimes during Piglet's animal-assisted therapy visits. I would love to have her framed picture, too. Gizzysmom, we would love to see your sphynx art collection sometime!:ThumbsUp:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Here it is!
It was in Home Goods, if yours is far call them first and ask if they have it, it was in the pet section, not the picture section. If you can't find it let me know and I will check mine, there was a few left I could pick one up for you.

Attachments

• IMG00035-20101121-1942.jpg
    IMG00035-20101121-1942.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 45

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Here it is!
It was in Home Goods, if yours is far call them first and ask if they have it, it was in the pet section, not the picture section. If you can't find it let me know and I will check mine, there was a few left I could pick one up for you.

Awww, that is pretty darn cute. I'll be on that end of town for work anyway this Tuesday, so I was planning on checking Home Goods then. If they don't have it here, I'll definitely let you know!

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had no idea about the book, the plush etc. I will look into it- I would love to have them. That picture is adorable ilovemysphynx. I don't have that store here in California so maybe I can check online:BigSmile:

Inferno12

Banned
Awww, that is pretty darn cute. I'll be on that end of town for work anyway this Tuesday, so I was planning on checking Home Goods then. If they don't have it here, I'll definitely let you know!

Where is the Home Goods? I have never heard of it. I want one!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Where is the Home Goods? I have never heard of it. I want one!

It's right next to the Super Target on Powers and N. Carefree (in Stetson Hills). Not my area of town (I live SW in the Broadmoor), but I sometimes find myself on that end of town for work. You should check them out...they got great stuff for the home and their prices aren't too bad.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Shucks, darn it! I did check our Home Goods store in Colorado Springs, but they did not have any of the sphynx pictures there; just a few of the doggie ones. Bummer! Oh well, the trip wasn't a total loss - at that store I found instead a beautiful boudoir bench for my bedroom at a great price!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Shucks, darn it! I did check our Home Goods store in Colorado Springs, but they did not have any of the sphynx pictures there; just a few of the doggie ones. Bummer! Oh well, the trip wasn't a total loss - at that store I found instead a beautiful boudoir bench for my bedroom at a great price!

I will look for you heck if they have any left I am just gona get them all!!!!

Back