Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I know how much we all try with getting the best sphynxy poo. I know that there is grain free, pumpkin, raw food, faecal floats, vet visits, probiotics, antibiotics etc and other ways to aim for a good poo - and we all say and have ways of describing our babies poos.

I think it would really help if we posted pics of our baby's bowel movements and what we think they are for example I keep a diary of my babies poos and classify them eg usually medium soft. This is in order to work out what foods are working best for them.

I know it would really help for myself and others to establish a norm via pictures because what one person thinks is medium soft maybe entirely different.

So please don't be shy and post your pics of litter box poo. I will get to my camera ready for the next litter box visit!

Think this would be especially useful for new Sphynx owners.

Thanks!

Yoda mom

Staff member
A whole new meaning to shi**y pics! This will be a first or should I say first second for me ..literally!

Every sphynxies "Normal" can vary -
I think too it may be hard to tell depending on litter type and some kitties bury poo some do not-

For my kitties, if it's not sticking to the plastic scooper , and not super hard - and they don't strain - it is within normal limits here.

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
A whole new meaning to shi**y pics! This will be a first or should I say first second for me ..literally!

HEHEHE ....

For my kitties, if it's not sticking to the plastic scooper , and not super hard - and they don't strain - it is within normal limits here.

Copy that I use this is a guideline Great minds think alike!

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Medium soft poo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 74

OpheliasMommy

Lairian
So Ophelia's poop went from serious runny pudding to good solid pieces but she's not pooped at all today. Is that ok? She eats Natures Variety Instict Raw frozen Medallions. 9 per day because it says for regular cats they need I think 4-6 and well being Sphynx I know she needs more. She gets 3 meals per day. Today is only second FULL day of completely raw. I also add a bit of water to her meals to make juice type stuff not a lot just a bit as I said. She has a water fountain and drinks water all day and is peeing regularly. I love this site that you can talk about poop it's awesome! They say you know some one is a good friend when you can talk openly about poop :)

OpheliasMommy

Lairian
Poop update! Today I was actually in my closed bedroom with my husband when Ophelia pooped! I only knew she did because I heard her scratching in litterbox! NO smell! I'm like baby do you smell that? He said no what? I said Ophelia pooped! And were not dying!

It was seriously wonderful! Perfect little Sphynx terds. Never thought I'd be so happy about poop! Soon as my BITR gets here ALL cats are going to RAW not just Ophelia lol

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
View attachment 50709

Posted this one tonight for @susi794 get well challenge....
Hahahahahahahahaha !!! You need to write a post in that other thread to redirect her over here for that surprise!!

I have since found if I feed same food same portions same time of day it helps poos generally arrive on time that can be predicted but we have our bad days too still took a faecal float down paid $200 yesterday only to be called later n said the courier didn't come! Perfect poos today. :) love perfect poo days.

curlysue

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Violet is 13 and we have a poop hunt every day. I could have never hoped for a more perfect picture for the "I am sorry you fee like ---->"

Kyla L

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Nigel and Yuri have pretty predictable poos. I would have gotten a picture but I just cleaned the box out. One of theirs is hardish, dark brown and breaks apart when it comes out. The other one has medium brown that usually stays in a pile. I can't tell who does what because they both try to poop at the same time so we can never figure out who does which.

What I can say is they are on a normal pooping schedule. We feed 3 times a day, at the exact same time every day. They poop three times a day, shortly after eating... lol so they are having normal poos in a normal time.

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a fine looking poop!!!!
Not bad as far as a turd goes haha...& even though he never covers his poo (but over digs & covers his wee !!!) He has outgrown poo foot !!! & he demands we stand by the box while he does his business he does a mighty good man-poo we have to chase him & wipe his bum, but all said pumpkin works miracles, never a runny-mess in our toilet box ;) xxx

curlysue

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Fuzzy and Violet don't cover there poop... sigh! Violet even had poop feet yesterday (she jumped in my daughters lap and got it on her white shorts) LOL. I told her I was sure it was payback for something she had done and gotten away with.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@pussiette , better yet -- I wonder what response I will get asking him to take the picture ?! :)
He loves the kitties but I think it would be over the top - he will scoop poo but pics? Ehhh, I think that would be a stretch

I will let you know his reply :)

Back