Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx questions

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Just a few questions to check the little ones okay!

He has the tendency to sneeze..a lot! I know that dust is more likely to irratate them, I was just wondering if this is normal?

Slightly sloppy poos from time to time, I did read somewhere they have some softer ones, but just wanted to double check!

Does anyone's baby get in the bath with them? He will climb on my shoulder and into the bath! Which I find odd for a cat haha

Lastly, does anyone else's cat suckle them? When I picked him up he had completely stopped suckling is mother, yet he's constantly at my chest when he's tired or just woken, I even found him having a suckle on our Chinese crested dog!! This doesn't worry me I just wondered why he does it!

Thanks! :)

Attachments

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Just a few questions to check the little ones okay!

He has the tendency to sneeze..a lot! I know that dust is more likely to irratate them, I was just wondering if this is normal?

Slightly sloppy poos from time to time, I did read somewhere they have some softer ones, but just wanted to double check!

Does anyone's baby get in the bath with them? He will climb on my shoulder and into the bath! Which I find odd for a cat haha

Lastly, does anyone else's cat suckle them? When I picked him up he had completely stopped suckling is mother, yet he's constantly at my chest when he's tired or just woken, I even found him having a suckle on our Chinese crested dog!! This doesn't worry me I just wondered why he does it!

Thanks! :)
He has the tendency to sneeze..a lot! I know that dust is more likely to irratate them, I was just wondering if this is normal? Many members sprinkle Lysine into the food the help with sneezing and watery eyes. Thats as long as he has been given a clean bill of health from your vet.

Slightly sloppy poos from time to time, I did read somewhere they have some softer ones, but just wanted to double check! Same as above, if the vet has cleared his health, a little canned pumpkin (not the pie filler) can help soft poo.

Does anyone's baby get in the bath with them? He will climb on my shoulder and into the bath! Which I find odd for a cat haha NO! Lucky you! My wife has to fight them into the bath tub!

Lastly, does anyone else's cat suckle them? When I picked him up he had completely stopped suckling is mother, yet he's constantly at my chest when he's tired or just woken, I even found him having a suckle on our Chinese crested dog!! This doesn't worry me I just wondered why he does it! Suckling generally is from leaving the mama too young, not always the car though. 12 weeks is a good age to leave mama cat. The tend to grow out of it.

andreanar

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Jinx and Archie came to me at 16 weeks old and they suckled me, each other and themselves for a long time. Jinx still sucks her paw when she's sleepy and she's 2 now. The only time their poop was firm was when they were on raw diet.
Mine don't willingly get in the bath with me, but I confess to having grabbed them and gave a quick bath while I was in too! Lol

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Looks like you got good advise. We use L-Lysine with our crew too. Our 2 girls crawl right in the bath with hubby or I. Our boy is not as fond of water...lol.
Your baby is a cutie.

Patti

heyheyhaven

Lairian
My Dobby will climb on my shoulder when I am in the bath. He likes to sit in the side of the tub too and knock things off and flick his tail in the water. Once, he reached into the water, grabbed my bath puff, and ran away with it! Water everywhere.

Also, when I first got him he would suckle on me so much I had little baby hickies! I bought him a fuzzy little blanket and would put it infont of him when he did it. He sleeps so much better if I let him do it. It's officially his suckle blanket now. :)

nudebea

Lairian
My Kiwi is nearly 8 months now and she still occasionally suckles on her favourite blanket. Sloppy poos, come and go depending, with ours , on how much wet vs dry food they eat. Occasional sneezes do occur and like you say ,I think its when they have been sticking their little noses into dusty corners, [I do vacuum regularly!} and as for the bath,,,,I envy you ! Wished Wilson and Kiwi loved it as much !1

Amy31

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Wow mind at rest now haha, clean bill of Health from the vets so that's good :) haha seems I got lucky with bath times!! Thank you all :D

nudebea

Lairian
As someone once said, the sphynx household is like an asylum ! {in the nicest possible way }