Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

Sphynx Rescues

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So this year I would like to give back some, do some good deeds you know. So I have decided that I am going to use my knitting skills and my love for Bald Cats and combine the two. I would like to knit some Bald Kitty Sweaters and donate them to a sphynx rescue. I am also going to make blankets for the animal shelter and what not. The only problem is I don't know of any sphynx rescues. Before I got Abby I did some searches and had some trouble finding any. I also search the forums with not much luck. Does anyone know of any sphynx rescues? :Question:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Abbyknitter, that's a really nice thing that you're doing! It seems that actual sphynx rescue facilities are few and far between, but here's a list of the few out there:
http://sphynxnewsletter.com/sections/breeders/rescue.html
I know personally that the NOAH group in MA gets a lot of sphynx rescues (I almost adopted a sphynx cat from them, but found Piglet instead here in CO).
Good luck to you!!!

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Lydia: Will you keep me in mind if you get a sphynx please. I live outside of St George.

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
absolutely! Are you on the Sphynx Rescue yahoo list? I know that group just placed 2 girls from Vegas, and I've seen them come up in Arizona a few times, too! Oogie came out of Logan, Haley came out of Las Vegas with her sister, Calipso.

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
May the kindness you're showing come back to you tenfold! You rock, Mack!
:Smile: you made me turn red lol
It was really Abby's idea:Cool: She is such a little giver:Wink:
I already have 5 sweaters to make, :Sweat: but they are a fast knit and i have a lot of motivation! :ThumbsUp: