Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx safe collar

Kaligrl

Lairian
I have 2 sphynx one i can use normal collars with no prob. My second one breaks out & gets big blisters... Its not on tight. Is there anything out there for them incase they have allergies?
She is naked with a super suede feel. Ive tried 2 different kinds already month or so apart to make sure everything is healed.
Ty.

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I use a harness when we go out so I don’t have that problem. What I can say though is that it is important to have the break-away feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yes. please be sure it is a break away collar, is there any reason they need to wear collars? We have never used them for our cats. :)

Kaligrl

Lairian
My cats are strictly indoors....
I always use break away, although ive never had a problem with the "other" kind.
Collars are used for their name tags (incase they accidentally end up outside), & bell!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
My cats are strictly indoors....
I always use break away, although ive never had a problem with the "other" kind.
Collars are used for their name tags (incase they accidentally end up outside), & bell!
Oh - ok. The regular ones worry me, I have heard stories of cats hanging them selves accidentally...(n)

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
If your cat breaks out when you put a collar on him or her, you can try washing the collar. There might be a finish or something on it to cause breakouts.
Cleopatra wears breakaway collars all the time, but Marcus either works his way out of them or gets his jaw caught in the collar while trying to get it off. So he goes naked.

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi there , I bought a lovely black velvet collar with a diamanté heart so pretty she didn’t mind it , but was too big when I first purchased it , put it on her mornings took off at night , but got worried when it came off her a few times . I thought if it can come off so easy it could also snag on something easy so I just stopped putting it on .. don’t think I will buy one for Bagins
But after reading this thread I’m now going to look at the break away ones just to be nosey ah ha
Hugs
From us xxx❤❤❤

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Pixie goes out on a leash with a breakaway collar.
She hates harnesses and won't walk in them.
Alas... lately she scoots out of the door and I'm really having to watch it, so the collar might just stay on her. (I take it off indoors.)