Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx skin condition HELP!!!

KKristen61

Lairian
My little baby has this recurring skin condition. This is the 3rd time this has occurred and the vet doesn’t know what it is. She has been given antibiotics in the past and it clears it up very fast but I would like to know if someone actually knows what This is.

It seems to bother her a lot, she keeps licking at it. I have tried putting ointment on it which only helps a little bit.

she only gets it on her chest, and the insides of her front legs. It’s very dry and flaky like a scab.

Please help!!!

AD51DE00-0511-45DD-B18C-DE64D9FD1B7C.jpeg
BBD41B7E-38A9-49A6-89AB-D412DFA7F540.jpeg
sh

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
We had a boy that had a very similar issue ...vet prescribed the following...
8cf3171f2e94a509f738121a4b579e00.plist

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Again not a vet and there is no substitution for a vet’s treatment/prognosis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheldon13

Staff member
Often times with a reoccurring skin condition like this it is either an allergy you haven’t pinpointed yet or an immune issue. Have you tried a novel diet to see if it’s food?

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

KKristen61

Lairian
Often times with a reoccurring skin condition like this it is either an allergy you haven’t pinpointed yet or an immune issue. Have you tried a novel diet to see if it’s food?

She has been on this food for about 2 years. This started happening about 8 months to a year ago. It’s very random when she gets it. At first I thought it was a heat rash because it starts out as a few bumps then turns into this.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Very strange. Yes I think you are right that a biopsy is the best bet at this point.

nobadhairdays

Lairian
This looks similar to what one of my sphynxes has. We only adopted him a few weeks ago but so far the vets suspect that it could be Pemphigus or Urticaria Pigmentosa. The rescue previously tried Douxo and antibiotics on it with no success.

If it were Pemphigus or Uticaria Pigmentosa, it would need to be confirmed with a biopsy but both are actually autoimmune diseases - so if that’s the case then he wouldn’t show improvement after using the Douxo wipes or antibiotics. If it’s an autoimmune disease then he would only respond to steriod treatment. Might be worth getting a biopsy if he doesn’t respond to the Douxo or antibiotics.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
did you figure out what this is?? my baby has the same ugg

How often are you washing? We often see these area neck, head, armpits can get bad from not fully rinsing after bathing. We often rush to rinse in the hard to get at areas.

KKristen61

Lairian
That's interesting, I use the Duoxo Chlorhexidine shampoo along with Chlorhexidine wipes. I wonder why your vet prescribed 2 different things. Did he/she actually take a biopsy?
No but the vet said it looked like a bacteria. I told her that she would get a patch and then I would randomly go away after about a week. Then one day it came with a vengeance and covered a third of her body.
I used both products and they worked wonders for her. Now as soon as I see the scabs starting to form, I wash her with the shampoo and then wipe her off before bed every night and she’s cleared up in no time

Back