Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx tattoo

hwward

Lairian
I've been working on some sketches for a sphynx tattoo. Looking for opinions on which I should get--the realistic portrait of Gaz or the caricature? (Sorry about the smudgy pic; thats what happens when copying tracing paper pencil drawings)
sphynx2.jpg

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sooooo difficult to choose. I think the realistic wins just by a titch for me. I do love the caricature, and feel that would make a great t-shirt or greeting card design. Great artistry!

BrianT

Lairian
I think the caricature one would look really cool crawling up your back shoulder blade. With a good tattoo artist, it would really come to life! Find a good artist in your area and remember, A cheap tattoo isn't good, and a good tattoo isn't cheap. ;0)

hwward

Lairian
BrianT: Alas, my back and shoulders are already tattooed; I already have 61 tattoos (that is not a typo). The sphinx will be on my left shin. I do have a great local artist.

BrianT

Lairian
Well that is awesome!! Im quite covered myself. Still think the cartoon one would look cool on the shin!

Ickushouse

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I like them both. Definitely a different vibe with each, though. For a tribute, I would go with the realistic portrait.

Nice drawing!

skarekrow13

Lairian
well depending on your artists ability and comfort level would make all the difference. I am a tattoo artist, so id pick the image that your artist prefers to do. i wouldn't bring a realistic portrait to someone who specializes in traditional. nor would I bring a caricature to someone who only does realism portraits. So id say go with what your artists stronger points are. Or figure out which sketch you like better and find the perfect artist who can knock it out of the park. Either way your baby should be beyond flattered to be a permanent addition to not only your life but also your body! can't wait to see what you decide to get.

hwward

Lairian
WhooHoo! I have a tattoo appointment on Dec. 20 to get my Sphynx. Am going with the realistic portrait (of Gaz). It will be easier to find a good spot for that rather than the larger full body design, and the artist (Caroline at Blue Rose Tattoo in Huntsville AL) is excellent with realistic style work. Of course, I'll post pics afterwards!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
YAY! I'm wishing you an awesome ink appointment. Can't wait to see the results!