Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx Tattoos

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know there are older posts along these lines but I thought I would bring it back (mostly because I couldn't participate the last time)
That being said show me your sphynxie tattos!!!!

So that's how it started ...

This was added Monday (still covered and red)
I go back in March to have my little angle kitty Skully added just above my knee with all the flowers to fill it in and make it one big piece!!

If you don't have a sphynx tattoo but have thought about it lets see/hear your ideas!!

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Looks good. I have lots of tattoos, but none of my 4 children or the 3 sphynx I’ve had. I’ve thought about it though. I’d probably do something like this.
That is so much fun!!
I say go for it!!!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@JSal @MelissaAlice @Sophie Hudson et al ,
Gorgeous art!

Asking fo your advice -

Do you have the artist free hand or bring clip art with you for ideas ?

I have piercings but no ink... yet ..( had an an MRI yesterday and for the first time didn’t get sh**
about my piercings lol )

For years I have wanted a raven tattoo on my back surgery scar at L2 thru L5.
Waited it to heal up - artist I went to said he wouldn’t do it bcz couldn’t guarantee it would not be distorted over scar tissue ....

Soooo decided to move the ink up to get it on the base of my neck area

Looking for ideas especially the orientation of the raven head
So much of the art is crows not true raven heads

Please PM with any good links of clip art and or artist recommendations in Florida

Thanks in advance !

Keep us updated on your sphynx ink - next on my list :)

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yoda mom I second this! I've found an artist on Instagram who is absolutely amazing when it comes to drawing sphynx portraits, they look a little bit cartoonish, but so beautiful. I've decided I want her to draw my guys portraits, and that's what I would take with me to get tattooed I think.

My only problem is deciding where on earth to have the tattoo on my body! I have a small previous tattoo on my hip, but I'd have no clue where to place a portrait of my babes which would be much bigger.

Hopefully members PM you with good recommendations, I'd love to see the finished product! I personally love tattoos :)

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Yoda mom this is one of my favorite things to talk about. I wanted a tattoo for a long time and waited until I was a grown up of 40 to get my first tattoo. Unfortunately, tattoos are like Sphynx. They’re addictive. In a few short years, both arms are completely covered and I have one on my shoulder.

The most important thing is to find an artist you trust. What style do you like? Do you like black and grey; realism; color; comic type; flash. Most artists specialize or have a style. The good artists will schedule a consultation and have a wait list.

There are artists that are confident with cover ups and scaring. Others are not. I’ve seen artists do cover ups on double mastectomies which are amazing.

Stencils v free hand depend on the artist. Mine are a combination of both. What I really love is mine are one of a kind. If you share what your style is, I could probably help you find a good artist.

Annejo12

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I got my first tattoo in October. I have been talking about this particular tattoo for about 15 years. I wasn't sure where on my body I wanted it but I had a frank conversation with the artist who suggested at my age the skin on my calf would be best. This tattoo is meaningful to me because it is a Danish postage stamp. I have many relatives in Denmark who I have written to over the years.

I have been told that once you have been 'inked' you will keep going back. So far I am not interested but then again I have not seen an ink of a Sphynx that I like

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Worth the wait. Definitely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoda mom

Staff member
FYI : Recent tattoo ink recall - bacteria

Pass along to family and friends

Ask your artist /shop what brand of ink they use