Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx Temperature...

So after reading the post about vets, and that they don't always know what is right...here is my question...what is considered the norm for a healthy sphynx's body temperature?

I had no idea there was a natural temp variation in this breed! OMG...the worry this post just saved me!!!!!

Thank you!!!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yeppers 101 to 103 is norm. Hot little suckers aren't they? When I first got Butterball I thought he had a fever until I researched and found that they have a higher temp than a furry kitty. They also burn more calories.

Thanks Jacky, when Hibou was sick I was taking her temperature a few times a day and she was at a low 102.5 and at a high 104.9...my vet said that we wouldn't freak out till she got over 105. He was surprised at how warm she was when healthy too!

Once again the Lair takes our worries down a few notches! Yay Sphynx Lair!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I love when they lay under the covers and come out feeling like they are on fire. So nice in the winter.
They have a higher temp and eat more than the average cat because they are working extra hard to keep warm.

Last edited:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This makes me wonder.... My vet said Freya didn't have a fever, but he didn't tell me what her temp was, and I didn't ask. She is the first sphynx he has seen, so now I want to know what her temp was! lol

So basically would it be fair to say that it's the same like any other cat?
I've always heard that Sphynx cats are warmer than others.... Personally I think they just feel warmer but their internal body temperature is basically the same as all the others...

Looking on the web returns mixed results. It seems impossible to find an official statement about this!

Thanks in advance