Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx train my husband

ZiggyStardust

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I was fortunate enough to get a husband who likes cats and also likes the unusual. We already had three fairly normal - if not deformed - hairy cats when we met a Cornish Rex and he was just as fascinated as I was. Then when we started going to cat shows, he was drawn to the Sphynx so it wasn't hard to convince him we needed one. :LOL:

Avasmommy

Lairian
Well folks, I no longer have to worry about comments like "I just want to punt him across the room, because he's so stupid". A week before thanksgiving he told me he had an affair with a co worker he'd known for only 3-4 weeks after he moved me to IL. We got there Oct 9th, and I left on Nov 28th.. So roughly 45 days in IL. I moved back to ND, got my own place, struggling to make ends meet. But here we are. Divorce should be final in just a few more weeks. I still have to go back to IL some time soon and get all mine/my daughter/and my cats things because he wouldnt let us have them when I moved. I think we will all be glad to have our stuff back.. My daughter and Jackson especially. Ava misses her "stuff", and I think Jackson misses his cat tree. Say a prayer for us, Lord knows we need it.

Avasmommy

Lairian
We ended up getting all our things the day before Fathers Day in June. Jackson was ecstatic to get his tree back! I found another sphynx boy in WI, but i've tried to get in contact with the owner to let her know I have the money, and she wont get back to me. Oh well.

uzska75

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm sure if you have your husband meet a sphynx kitten he would love it. If not there is always plan B:

You could always tell him you are in nesting mode and need to mother someone. Then tell him it's either a kitten or you want to adopt 2 teen children...i'm sure he'll opt for the kitten. lol:LOL:

Mosey & Me

Lairian
Is there anyway I can get my husband to "come around" to my idea of getting a sphynx? He says that he hates cats. I tried telling him that a sphynx isn't just your regular everyday cat. But he also doesn't like any of my choices in dogs either. So now I just have two rats in the house. I am going to be getting a kitten in mid Dec. So in all I was wondering if there is anyway I can get him to look at the bright side of things? Any tips or tricks would be great.

As soon as your kitten comes home he will surely love it!

My boyfriend absolutely did not want me to bring "one of those 'thongs' home"... He tried talking me into other breeds and I said to him, "This is happening, so you better learn to accept it!" when I got Mosey home he hated him!! ::sad:: He didn't want to even touch him for about a week. I left them together for a week because I had to travel for work and when I came back they were the best of friends!!! ::yay:: now he is always defending Mosey when people don't like him :)

So long story short, I wouldn't worry about it :) its hard to not like a Sphynx :)
Good luck!

Back