Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx weight

Laucol

Lairian
Hi everyone,

Ila is growing fast! He is a week shy of 5 months and he is already 7 pounds.

I was wondering if I'm going to end up with a giant cat. Do you have any comparatives with your cats? How fast did they put on weight?

I knew Ila was going to be a bigger cat when I got him, he was the biggest one of his litter (his head was significantly bigger than his siblings'), and his paws were quite big even as a kitten. He is not fat or overweight - he is just growing at an incredible pace.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Laucol Happy to hear Ila is happy and healthy. How dare you post this and not attach a pic...lol. Yes it does sound like your baby is going to be a good size. usually around 6 months the "average" is about 5 pounds. It is fun to see them change. Enjoy kittenhood for all it is worth.

Patti

Laucol

Lairian
LOL @Catzzzmeow

Here are some recent photos of my sweet boy:

Attachments

• March 21, 2015 (14).JPG
    March 21, 2015 (14).JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 44
  • March 26, 2015 (11).JPG
    March 26, 2015 (11).JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 46

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Ila is stunning. And yes, you really going to have a nice sized boy. :joyful: Just think... You Won't Need Any Hot Water Bottles Under The Covers IN The winter.

I have no idea why my tablet keyboard typed all that in caps.

Max is Almost 7 months and yesterday weighed in at 7.7 lbs. Enjoy ila's current size while you can. Ha ha.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Ila is going to be a big strong man!
My boys are 6,5 month old know. Ross weight 5,5 pounds and Toa weights 4 pounds (he's a tiny boy).

Ila is a handsome boy. Big is beautifull!

Trisha

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This thread makes me feel better!
Dexter is 10 months now and weighs about 11 lbs. He is all muscle.
Gemma is 5 months now and I think she weighs about 4 lbs. The vet said she should be at least 5 or more lbs by now. She eats a ton and is very active. Glad to hear others are tiny too. I hope she stays tiny!

Back