Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

sphynx wet food

icutmyelbows

Lairian
hey guys! someone recently told me that wet food is a big no-no for sphynx cats but i've read online that friskies and fancy feast are fine to give them. i had noticed some tuna flavored wet food did give my boy diahrrea, but what do you guys feed your kitty kids and what are your opinions?

DarkWing

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
okaaay, sorry for my mouth now lol .. thats bull.... all of my cats get wet food and dry food. only one got sometimes a bit softer poo but that the one who has everything, from herpes to hcm to sensitive stomach..... all love it to eat. Sure some cats don't eat everything or get allergic on some brands of wet food but normaly they can eat it with out any problems....... my Problem child, as example, doesn't can eat raw food. she'd puke her soul out of the body if she got some. she only eat wetfood. Not the best one but thats what she can eat with out problems

Last edited by a moderator:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
hey guys! someone recently told me that wet food is a big no-no for sphynx cats but i've read online that friskies and fancy feast are fine to give them. i had noticed some tuna flavored wet food did give my boy diahrrea, but what do you guys feed your kitty kids and what are your opinions?
We feed wet and dry. Any time you change or add foods there is a chance of runny poo while their body gets used to the change. Wet is fine. :)

BrianT

Lairian
I have 6 sphynxs and they all love fancy feast, tuna, salmon, and even raw fish from my sushi rolls! Lol! Cats are like people as far as BM's. They don't have solid poops 100% of the time. It varies from time to time. A happy cat is a well fed cat. ;0)

DarkWing

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Brian T thats right, sometimes it´s more hard, sometimes it´s more soft, sometimes it doesn´t smell and otherday it can be stink like you could sold it to police as alternative tearing gas :dead::zombie::ROFLMAO:
its nothing to be ashamed or worried....worrie you only should be at diareah wich is like water and longer as 2 or 3 days ...

We feed wet and dry.. wet 5-6 times per day for 4 cats and dry is always there all around the clock. than they get also some sweets 1-2 times per day and my Boys likes raw Meat. This they get to special days or two times per week .. my girls don´t like it , caprica puke and missy don´t want taste it ... they love cooked chicken that they get 2 times per week when the boys get there meat lol

Reina

Lairian
Wet food is good for them! I use tiki cat, it's a bit more expensive but it is grain free and I like that it has all the little fish pieces or actual shredded chicken. Deff worth checking out!

Ella4

Lairian
Pikachu eats motsly dry food, we only give him wet food like a treat, 2 teaspoons at the morning. Cuz you need to find a balance between dry food and wet, so there will be no over calories. Pikachu preffers Applaws with tuna and salmon. They are 100% natural.

nudebea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi like a lot of others mine eat both wet and dry. Dry food out all the time and wet up to four times a day with a few pieces of chicken and rabbit raw food (that ones by Natures menu } and the wet and dry are Royal Canin kitten but thats because they can be a bit snooty with other foods. As for the subject of poop, well it can vary really, like ours. My little one has just developed runny poo and when I tried to clean her paw she decided to do a circuit of the house first. At 5.30 am LOL. But shes on antibiotics right now so I think that is the cause. Id say if your babies thriving and otherwise healthy.......

Letitia

Lairian
So funny! I always hear the opposite, that dry food is the no-no. The best advice I've seen is to feed the highest quality food you can afford.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@brittneyls95 , welcome to the lair family! please don't hesitate to start your own post , we do not want any of your questions lost in another's thread , older thread. I look forward to an introduction of your baby and pics. do not hesitate to ask any questions, all paws are family.

food that is best is what works for your baby. you will see several different brand foods wet and dry fed by members. usually new kitties brought home often are kept on same food as breeder fed and sloowly transitioned to what you want to feed.
I did learn from personal experience many breeders feed certain brands as they get incentive breeder loyalty program discounts, get take home care packs etc.

I have all adoptees. for a decade been feeding Nutrisource cat and kitten food, no recalls, not sold in box stores. I get on petflow or k9cuisine. about $46 for 16 lbs. touted for gut health, and palatability , no poo or skin issues with my crew. there are several wet foods members can share their experience with feeding. mine is a dry food addict, and the others share a can of proplan urinary focus ocean whitefish. I started many years ago when a kitty was treated for a stress rehoming UTI. not crazy about ingredients but has worked for my crew. never a UTI again.

hugs n head smooches. glad you joined us! there is a food survey and the top right search box is helpful for specifics. the sphynx info center has some great info too. we are here for you. hugs n head smooches.

Last edited:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@brittneyls95

Back