Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Bwitsnudeybabes

Lairian
Hello friends!
I've been on this site A LOT, searching for an answer or advice for anything related to my two sphynx babies. This is my first post though, so hello!

My sphynx male Benedict has had a dark and itchy chest for some time now. I do notice that there are times it looks more irritated than others, but he's always scratching it nonetheless. I attached some pictures, hopefully it worked.

We thought it was from his dry food, so we switched that. Then we thought maybe it was from his food bowl(it was plastic) so we switched that. I still haven't seen much change. He's still scratching himself a lot. It's also ONLY on his chest. I've seen a lot of pictures online of different skin conditions, but I haven't seen one that looks like his.

I feel like you guys know more than my vet does about the breed! Any help or suggestions would be great. Thank you!

Attachments

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm thinking he's allergic to something! Maybe chicken? Poor lamb...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair for you and Benedict!
It could be an allergic reaction but it can also be irritation by rubbing against something. Is that possible? You could try vetericyn spray to see if it goes away.

Bwitsnudeybabes

Lairian
Welcome to sphynxlair for you and Benedict!
It could be an allergic reaction but it can also be irritation by rubbing against something. Is that possible? You could try vetericyn spray to see if it goes away.
Yeah that's what I was thinking it might be, because it's just on his chest. That's why we changed out his plastic food bowl for a metal one. I'll look into that spray! Thank you!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bwitsnudeybabes , keep us updated often
Sending continued positive vibes

Many of us keep on hand vetericyn for any skin issues
I like thst it is non toxic

I use vetericyn VF spray and hydrogel
I check prices on line for vetericyn VF (vet formula , supposedly a little stronger .)
I like both products

Brain storming here too..
What shampoo do you use ? Some areas are harder to rinse
Especially with some products for example dGrease shampoo

I really like Hylyt shampoo hypo allergenic soap free
My vet's office carries it as well as online

Will be checking for positive updates

How is Benedict doing tonight?

Attachments

Last edited:

Bwitsnudeybabes

Lairian
@Bwitsnudeybabes , keep us updated often
Sending continued positive vibes

Many of us keep on hand vetericyn for any skin issues
I like thst it is non toxic

I use vetericyn VF spray and hydrogel
I check prices on line for vetericyn VF (vet formula , supposedly a little stronger .)
I like both products

Brain storming here too..
What shampoo do you use ? Some areas are harder to rinse
Especially with some products for example dGrease shampoo

I really like Hylyt shampoo hypo allergenic soap free
My vet's office carries it as well as online

Will be checking for positive updates

How is Benedict doing tonight?
Hello! I'm definitely going to look into the Vetericyn! Might as well keep something good around the house even for just in case!

We are currently using shampoo that our breeders recommended because they were using it for all their sphynx kitty's. We were switching between two of them, but then started primarily using the Dermabenss because it seemed more sensitive than the other which is Duoxo (I'll attach pictures). We have read a TON about Hylyt on this site though and plan on switching over. We did notice after his last bath his chest looked more irritated, so I'm hoping it's a quick easy fix of just changing a shampoo.

He's doing just dandy, tomorrow he's getting a bath so we will look for the after bath reaction and fill everyone in! Tonight he's relaxing with his sister so they can keep us up all night!

Attachments