Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Sphynx with Skin Conditions - What are you feeding?

Mindy Kelley

Lairian
So his rash started getting the redness again, I havent put the nustock on him for about a week .
Just gave him a bath with his new shampoo and conditioner I put the nestock on him again so let's see what happens

aisforalexandra

Lairian
Zelda had pretty runny and stinky poop. My parents were baby-sitting and started giving her Vital Planet Flora Cat as well as some digestive chews. Her stool seems to be less (every so slightly) disgusting and more consistently solid.

Niko Sphynx

Lairian
I have tried eliminating certain ingredients, but I get ACANA gluten free, soy free etc, and still no change. Hypo allergenic washing soap, clean water, no treats and the skin seems to be getting worse

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Niko Sphynx , I used to feed Acaan but they had poo issues :(
I actually switched my 4 Sphynx and Bengal to Nutrisource cat and kitten kibble (no recalls grain inculsive ( and viola no poo issues .

Acana just didn't agree with my crew

Do you have a pic ? Perhaps starts a new thread so others can chime in

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have tried eliminating certain ingredients, but I get ACANA gluten free, soy free etc, and still no change. Hypo allergenic washing soap, clean water, no treats and the skin seems to be getting worse
I don't want to scare you but I thought I remembered reading about a action lawsuit against Acana for some dangerous ingredients. Here is the story:
Another Champion Pet Food Lawsuit, Now it is Cat Food

Staceyxxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I feed Binky specific food, which is for kitty’s with allergies. Binky is seeing a dermatologist at the moment she had skin biopsies which showed she has dermatitis and we are still waiting on blood tests. Binky has been on steriods x2 and atopia daily, for two weeks and we have seen an improvement but the dermatologist said in usual cases it has cleared much better so she is on the same meds for another 3 weeks.
The dermatologist stated that the allergy test the vet done is valid however if we tested most cats it would show the same allergies and they don’t react in the same way, like there body has adjusted not to break out in sores or have the poops!
Baby Binky has just been sleeping a lot due to all the medication she’s on, bless her, but she’s getting there slowly!

Mindy Kelley

Lairian
My benji has fatty lumps. That come and go. But he has a huge one on his side on neck. We are getting removed. And one opened on his back. Its not a pretty site. On a strick diet. No chicken. Just duck and peas. Bottle water also

He has also a murmur stage 2 almost 3. Steroids made his heart murmur worse. So he has to go to get heart scan to see if he can go under. To get even gets lumps removed.
Tried 2 different vet same shit everytime we went
Dermotolgist was a waste of money.
New vet is helping him